NCL Star on the move.

8 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I am doing the 11 day sailing on July 14th, 2022. I think I said it was an April sailing, I mistook that for a different sail date.

But you opened a Roll Call for July 25th 2022 which is a 10 day one to Greenland. I think you’d better recheck your booking. 

We’re booked on the July 14th one - 11 days that goes to 3 ports in Greenland including Nuuk which is the capital of Greenland - it’s former name was Godthaab. 

We are looking at the 17 day Santiago to Miami in March 2021 now.  Pricing seems fairly high so it seems to indicate they must be relatively certain this should go.  If she is in the yard now, hopefully any mechanical issues will be completely repaired and if staffing permits a refurb that sweetens the pot!  

On 5/18/2020 at 8:24 PM, bluesea777 said:

Why don't you do a back-to-back? Start in Southampton one way to Iceland and then round trip to Greenland, finishing your 22 days in Iceland?

I booked 3 back-to-back. Starting in Reykjavik on July 14th and ending in Southampton on August 14th. It's a great combination of Greenland, Iceland, Ireland and England. 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, mertziek said:

Are you doing the 11 day or 10 day itinerary?  We are booked on the 11-day one and already overwhelmed with our research!  We can’t wait.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:03 PM, BigRedFan said:

I am doing the 11 day sailing on July 14th, 2022. I think I said it was an April sailing, I mistook that for a different sail date.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, mertziek said:

Same one we are doing.  Already looking at ports and excursion possibilities.

Hey guys, I'm on the same cruise as you. I'm doing Jul 14, 2022, Jul 25, 2022 and Aug 4, 2022. I made roll calls for these sailings that should now be in the 'Norwegian Star Roll Call' section. Don't think the Roll Call tool has been updated yet to accommodate past April 2022 sailings. Hope we get some more folks joining us. 

On 5/18/2020 at 7:53 PM, MrsTocko said:

We Booked this one 10 day ago....Beyond excited...it is a bucket list trip for us...Though I imagine that it will only lead to a bigger bucket...I know that we want to another trip at some point that is Scotland, and one that is Norway.

I grew up eating norwegian pancakes.  I have been unable to find a recipe that was at all similar to my mom's.  So I am hoping that A) There is a more authentic version on the ship on this trip...which would almost satisfy me...and/or B) I can find Pancakes in port.  I just have to remember that they will just be referred to as pancakes....rather than "norwegian" pancakes...

Yes, my DH thinks i'm a weirdo...but I'm his weirdo so he has to deal with it. 😁

His favorite part of cruising on NCL...the late crepe station...No idea how things will change with COVID, and had already changed (he never did find them on the BLISS last year).

Crepes though..good, close, but not quite the same.

Menus are fixed and most food comes from Miami.    Forget about any special pancakes on the ship.      

On 5/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, zonacruiser25 said:

We are looking at the 17 day Santiago to Miami in March 2021 now.  Pricing seems fairly high so it seems to indicate they must be relatively certain this should go.  If she is in the yard now, hopefully any mechanical issues will be completely repaired and if staffing permits a refurb that sweetens the pot!  

In the past-   This has been a give away cruise.   Every year since NCL returned in 2016.     It has some crappy ports and many ports tough to arrange independent tours.     

5 hours ago, romalley99 said:

Hey guys, I'm on the same cruise as you. I'm doing Jul 14, 2022, Jul 25, 2022 and Aug 4, 2022. I made roll calls for these sailings that should now be in the 'Norwegian Star Roll Call' section. Don't think the Roll Call tool has been updated yet to accommodate past April 2022 sailings. Hope we get some more folks joining us. 

auto tripper has previously started a roll call for the July 14, 2022 Star Cruise here on May 14 before you started your thread.  Can you combine yours with this one?

Edited by mertziek

3 hours ago, mertziek said:

auto tripper has previously started a roll call for the July 14, 2022 Star Cruise here on May 14 before you started your thread.  Can you combine yours with this one?

Absolutely -- I did not see it when I did a search in Star roll calls. Thanks for the heads up.