Can I apply a future cruise credit to a future booked cruise

What I mean is we have GEM 10 day 11/20/20 out of New York booked. If that doesn't sail we have had an 11 day GEM booked over a year ago for 2/2021. If we pay in full in July and the November cruise is cancelled would NCL apply the credit to the February cruise?

That is what a fcc is for , future cruises. 😅  hehe ,  However it wont automatically do it, once you get the fcc in the account, you can either call to apply to to the other cruise or apply it yourself as payment., but with the way they split up the fcc between both pax i find it easier to call. 

• Like 2

I was not able to use fcc for a cruise I had booked prior to March.  So there could be restrictions, especially since they know that people are booking cruises in hopes of getting fcc.  If you booked a year ago, probably no - unless they have changed the rules.

Edited by julig22

I had a July sailing that was canceled and received my FCC in two parts:

1.  100% Future Cruise Credit

2.  25% Single Use FCC Bonus Credit

I have two additional existing bookings for January and July 2021.

According to my TA, part 1 (the 100% FCC) can only be used towards a NEW booking but Part 2 (the 25% Bonus Credit) can be applied to an existing booking.  I could understand limiting the ability to *combine* both credits and apply them to a single sailing but I don't understand the limitation on the 100% portion of my FCC.

I'm also waiting for the two Future Cruise Certificates I used as a deposit for the canceled cruise to show up on my Latitudes account.  How long does that typically take?

Absolutely... I even split a 1 cruise FCC between 2 Future Cruises.  No worries at all, very simple. 

I need your expertise. I have a Dec 2020 Australia cruise and a March 21 Bahama cruise. My TA just sent me this message and I don’t understand what the issue is. We planned to use the Bonus credit towards the March cruise, (there will be $600 left over) and then apply the left over to Dec cruise. She is saying we have to apply to Dec first. We want to apply it to March, because that sailing is more likely to happen and therefore we could either take the refund on Dec or we would get more FCC bonus if Dec gets cancelled.
Does anyone know why my TA would say this? She has not been helpful with explaining or answering questions. I really need a new TA.3f3aaa2f1930a01e9e6fd0c7ed3b6ce1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm, by Bonus credit, do you mean the additional 25%? If so, that could be where the problem is. Why your TA is insisting that you use the FCC (not  FTC) on the first booked cruise, I have no idea. 

Maybe you could suggest that she call NCL to get the correct information and some guidance. 

I go directly through NCL so no idea if your TA is familiar in this new FCC/bonus FCC situation. 

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. 

To simplify.  As I understand it, a new cruise is anything booked after March 1.  The 100% fcc can be split.  The 25% fcc has to be used in whole, cannot be split.

That's how it was when I was rebooking, terms could have changed.

The problem is I booked the February 2021 cruise a year ago. The price has gone up over $2,000 so I do not want a new booking if the November cruise is cancelled. I am thinking at this point to cancel my current booking for November and book last minute.

34 minutes ago, goofy4mickey said:

The problem is I booked the February 2021 cruise a year ago. The price has gone up over $2,000 so I do not want a new booking if the November cruise is cancelled. I am thinking at this point to cancel my current booking for November and book last minute.

Had the same issue, for an October cruise I'd booked last December.  It had better perks, although the price wasn't that different. But it's already been cancelled, so it became a non-issue and I booked something new for January.

18 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

You can not be past final payment on your following cruise  if the first one is canceled.    And you can't be "paid".    

Then it may work. My final payment for the 2nd cruise is due end of October. Thank you.

14 minutes ago, goofy4mickey said:

Then it may work. My final payment for the 2nd cruise is due end of October. Thank you.

I’ve had 4 canceled cruises the FCC applied.    Done in Less than a week my last 2 cruises.  

Just hold off paying the final payment.  As long as possible.    The FCC. Can only be used for what is owed     They will not refund anything for paid in full accounts.   Verify if they can be used for daily service fees and shore excursion costs?   I’ve seen various claims.    This would only involve prior to sailing expenditures-  IF allowed.