Back to Back Cruising

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We've also had wine served on most B2B lunches. I just assumed it was the norm

Never and have been doing B2B  since early 2000.   
Funny since we likely take some of the same ships out of PC. Several of our B2B were on both Harmony and Mariner in the past  year or two. 

Then we took several B2B out of Tampa. Years ago it was radiance class, more recently Rhapsody. . 

m

42 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Just saying.

That when the ships get going again I would not be surprised if Back to Back cruising is stopped in the interim.

Yes I realize the crew are on for up to 9 months. 

Why?  What is the difference if I cruise a second or third week or another passenger boards.  I’ll expect we may have a longer wait in the terminal or are told to spend the day in the city. 

We often sail B2B, and still have one booked for late 2020 and several booked for 2021. 

m

15 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Can you bring 4 bottles of wine when you board BTB?  Assume they hold 2 bottles back and deliver to your room when the second cruise begins?

Yes.  Whether they hold 2 bottles back can vary.  That is the official policy however many times they just let you take them all on.

46 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Can you bring 4 bottles of wine when you board BTB?  Assume they hold 2 bottles back and deliver to your room when the second cruise begins?

Yes. One time they took two bottles and held them for the second leg. Another time they simply let us take them to the cabin. As usual, there doesn't seem to be a norm.

Edited by 2chiefs

12 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never and have been doing B2B  since early 2000.   
Funny since we likely take some of the same ships out of PC. Several of our B2B were on both Harmony and Mariner in the past  year or two. 

Then we took several B2B out of Tampa. Years ago it was radiance class, more recently Rhapsody. . 

m

Rhapsody Eastbound TA in March 2017

B2B luncheon in Giovanni definitely had wine. I may even have pictures somewhere.  This was between the last western run and the depsrture for Spain. 

Serenade 11/10 night did it out of PC in spring 2017

No B2B for us on Mariner since returning to PC,  but I seem to recall Freedom did it that way.

Both of the recent President cruises had it.

Those may have been a Pinnacle event, I don't recall.

But truthfully,  haven't gone to B2B lunch on an Oasis ship except those two. CK was a better choice.

I don't want to come off as argumentative, just sharing our experience 

Edited by John&LaLa