Moorea International Hotel Closing

dandee2

I emailed the Hilton Moorea today to see if eventually they will offer day stays again and got a response that they couldn't respond to my email....just any if emergency arises to email the general manager. I know that you meant the Intercontinental is closing for good, but how can other hotels on any of the islands survive with just locals visiting?

16 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I emailed the Hilton Moorea today to see if eventually they will offer day stays again and got a response that they couldn't respond to my email....just any if emergency arises to email the general manager. I know that you meant the Intercontinental is closing for good, but how can other hotels on any of the islands survive with just locals visiting?

I don’t expect they would be able continue without government support.

Hopefully the smaller hotels are getting that whereas the bigger chains, somewhat like the cruise lines, are expected to stand on their own. 

Such a shame for the staff there.

Fingers crossed that the islands people get through this.

5 minutes ago, Foggyzx9r said:

I don’t expect they would be able continue without government support.

Hopefully the smaller hotels are getting that whereas the bigger chains, somewhat like the cruise lines, are expected to stand on their own. 

Such a shame for the staff there.

Fingers crossed that the islands people get through this.

Yes Foggy- all these So Pacific Islands and the Caribbean etc have to be in dire straights. I think of these people and where they are getting food whenever I take a meal at home.

I made a reservation with a very reputable company Lagoon Service in Bora Bora yesterday. I've toured with them before. But they are already asking for full payment. Torn- the tour is a year away. The risk is there but wanting to help out is there too.

13 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I made a reservation with a very reputable company Lagoon Service in Bora Bora yesterday. I've toured with them before. But they are already asking for full payment. Torn- the tour is a year away. The risk is there but wanting to help out is there too.

Ouch that’s a tough call. Part of me would be thinking if I could afford to lose the cost it would be an indirect way of supporting the business and keep somebody fed. However one could repeat ad infinitum with any of the local businesses and it would be a drop in the ocean.

I know from your posts that you have a deep love of the islands. At this point in time it is a risk as we have idea what decisions will come out from the officials in the government regarding cruise ships.

Stay well and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

BTW keep posting as I really enjoy reading them😀👍

That was a request by the way not a demand🤣

Edited by Foggyzx9r
Add on

We got refunds from Lagoon Services, Bruno and Marc's within a couple of days of cancelling their excursions.  J&B Lodge and Black Pearl took about a week to get back to the credit cards.  Really hated to cancel, and these folks were so nice about it.  Still waiting on refunds from April cruises that got cancelled.

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

We got refunds from Lagoon Services, Bruno and Marc's within a couple of days of cancelling their excursions.  J&B Lodge and Black Pearl took about a week to get back to the credit cards.  Really hated to cancel, and these folks were so nice about it.  Still waiting on refunds from April cruises that got cancelled.

Thanks Lee. I went ahead with payment on Lagoon Service.

Emailed Bruno about next spring and have yet to hear back, but he may have boarded up shop for a bit like so many others.

Edited by Petoonya

There's doubt about the Meridien on Bora Bora - there are reports of permanent closure but also suggestions that the resort may close for 2-3 years for a total re-design.  I'm sure the IC at Moorea won't be an isolated case. 

11 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks Lee. I went ahead with payment on Lagoon Service.

Emailed Bruno about next spring and have yet to hear back, but he may have boarded up shop for a bit like so many others.

Not unusual for Bruno to take a few days responding  ..

1 minute ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Not unusual for Bruno to take a few days responding  ..

I've written twice in 2 weeks and no response.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, Petoonya said:

Received a reply from Hilton Moorea. They are closed til sometime in July. We really enjoyed their day stay a year ago, great location, fabulous lunch $90pp. Windstar's 17 day is really a back to back 7 and 10 day so there is a full day in between in Papeete with not a lot to do. So we took an early morn ferry and enjoyed the Hilton all day. Excellent snorkeling. Let me know if you'd like the flyer.