FCC expire may 28, 2021??

Is the only recourse at this point waiting 2 hrs on the phone to triage? add it to the list of things i'm banking in my memory about RCL. wait almost 90 days for a FCC that's wrong so i can sit on the phone for hours.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

Is the only recourse at this point waiting 2 hrs on the phone to triage? add it to the list of things i'm banking in my memory about RCL. wait almost 90 days for a FCC that's wrong so i can sit on the phone for hours.

Call late at night or early morning and there may be no wait at all.  They are open 24/7. Just select the option for a new reservation 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call late at night or early morning and there may be no wait at all.  They are open 24/7. Just select the option for a new reservation 

Called yesterday and the hours of operations are M-F 8AM-11PM and S & S 9AM-8PM, EST.  The numbers that I called were: (800) 526-9723 and (800) 398-9819 (Pre-Cruise Planner).  Unless you have a different number. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lots of people reporting this.  My guess is an IT error as the CWC is clear that it is Dec 31, 2021

I agree. This seems to have just happened on FCCs issues 5/28. They have been issuing hundreds of these for weeks and it seems like the issue just popped up. 

mac_tlc

I received 4 fccs all with exp date of may 28 2021.  I called last night after 8 pm and the rep told me with the updated cwc they are only valid for 12 months from issue date.  I told her that is not the policy shown on rcl website for cwc and requested a supervisor.  She told me to call back during the day as she could not reach a supervisor that late on a weekend.  I'll try calling back monday.  I must admit thru all of this I have been very happy with rcl customer service and receiving of my refunds and fccs within 2 to 3 weeks but after last night I wasnt very happy with them.  I am truly hoping this is just an error that will be fixed accordingly.

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received 4 fccs all with exp date of may 28 2021.  I called last night after 8 pm and the rep told me with the updated cwc they are only valid for 12 months from issue date.  I told her that is not the policy shown on rcl website for cwc and requested a supervisor.  She told me to call back during the day as she could not reach a supervisor that late on a weekend.  I'll try calling back monday.  I must admit thru all of this I have been very happy with rcl customer service and receiving of my refunds and fccs within 2 to 3 weeks but after last night I wasnt very happy with them.  I am truly hoping this is just an error that will be fixed accordingly.

Every published FAQ says 12/31/2021 or twelve months whichever is later. I have the same issue, I printed them out and will call them tomorrow. 

It will be interesting to see what they do come January when someone cancels a reservation made before 8/1/20 with CWC. Those reservations should get an FCC that is valid beyond 12/31/2021. 

I got through in under 10 minutes but the customer service rep had to contact the Future Cruise Desk. That took 90 minutes on hold only to be told that when we cancelled in March for our July 15 cruise the Future Cruise Credit was only good for 12 months from issue (ours says May 28). I will let our TA sort this out but if they stick to the May 28 expiration date I will eat the $500 deposit and cruise with someone else in July 2021. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

I got through in under 10 minutes but the customer service rep had to contact the Future Cruise Desk. That took 90 minutes on hold only to be told that when we cancelled in March for our July 15 cruise the Future Cruise Credit was only good for 12 months from issue (ours says May 28). I will let our TA sort this out but if they stick to the May 28 expiration date I will eat the $500 deposit and cruise with someone else in July 2021. 

just sat on for 2 hours to get the same answer and i had to literally read the policy to them on the website and asked for a supervisor. I have now been waiting for a supervisor for over 2 hours now. it is obvious that the folks on the line of the call center have not been trained and don't even know what the policy is or they are just being devious (RCL) but frankly it's BS the policy is clearly posted.

20 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

We cancelled four cruises the day that the CWC program was announced, and before any suspensions went into effect. Our first two FCC receipts for our March and April cruises clearly show the expiration date as 12/31/21. We haven't received the FCCs yet for the two July cruises we cancelled on the same day.

FCC.JPG

6 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

They are saying this new policy does not apply because we cancelled before the new policy was put into effect. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Cancelation_Policy_FAQs.pdf

Original policy started on March 6, 2020 and applied to sailing thru July 31, 2020. The May 6 notification is simply an extension and expansion of the pre-existing policy. They are flat out wrong.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The CWC has been in effect since March 6 with the same Dec 31, 2021 date for FCC’s

After a total of 6 hours on the phone finally go to a "supervisor" in the resolution department who went on to claim the CWC policy does not apply to non refundable deposits that are cancelled prior to final payment date (literally making up policies on the fly). I argued up the wazoo and then was transferred to another group because she claims she can't change it anyways, I think she didn't want to deal with me. I was somehow transferred to reservations... the guy who assisted acknowledged the date was incorrect but I need someone in guest relations to change the expiration date so now i'm back on hold again, let's see if i can hit the double digit hours on the phone with this joke of a company.

6 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

After a total of 6 hours on the phone finally go to a "supervisor" in the resolution department who went on to claim the CWC policy does not apply to non refundable deposits that are cancelled prior to final payment date (literally making up policies on the fly). I argued up the wazoo and then was transferred to another group because she claims she can't change it anyways, I think she didn't want to deal with me. I was somehow transferred to reservations... the guy who assisted acknowledged the date was incorrect but I need someone in guest relations to change the expiration date so now i'm back on hold again, let's see if i can hit the double digit hours on the phone with this joke of a company.

I would just e mail the executive offices at mbayley@rccl.com and let someone get back to you.  This is clearly a bigger IT issue in general and not just a one off. 

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would just e mail the executive offices at mbayley@rccl.com and let someone get back to you.  This is clearly a bigger IT issue in general and not just a one off. 

I went ahead and wrote an email we will see if I get a response. The 800 number eventually just hung up on me so I didn't get to double digits, 7 hours is the trophy i won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sitting in queue for over 2 hours.  Cancelled in April for an Alaska sailing in July. Inquired the specifics before I cancelled because I was willing to continue and wait it out.  Rec'd my email with the May 28th date and decided to call.  Two transfers and a promise for a call back.  I explained to the associate that the escalation line is blowing up for a reason.  If this is a trend, make it right, correct it and move forward.  I am hopeful they will make it right...

1 hour ago, lurkmaster said:

I went ahead and wrote an email we will see if I get a response. The 800 number eventually just hung up on me so I didn't get to double digits, 7 hours is the trophy i won.

7 hours, you definitely win!!

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If this is a new policy and we are stuck with this date of may 28 2021 does that mean we have to sail by may 2021?  

That's what they're saying but nobody is sure yet.