Vandaam and Rotterdam

Firepath

19 hours ago, Firepath said:

Is there an update on how passengers and crew are doing after the ”rescue” efforts a couple months ago? I hope everyone who was or got sick is completely healed now.

Winner! You just won the price for the best discombobulation of a HAL ship name; keychain coming your way! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Firepath said:

Thank you. Any word on their status?

We will probably never hear anything due to HIPPA/privacy concerns.  However I strongly doubt the ships would have headed off to sea with sick passengers with Zaandam now in Europe and Rotterdam in Indonesia.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, rafinmd said:

We will probably never hear anything due to HIPPA/privacy concerns.  However I strongly doubt the ships would have headed off to sea with sick passengers with Zaandam now in Europe and Rotterdam in Indonesia.

Roy

I thought it would be interesting to see the current status of those ships.  The Zaandam is currently anchored a few miles off The Hague near the Nieuw Statendam.  As to the Rotterdam, the last position I found was in the Java Sea a couple of days ago.  I assume she has been dropping crew members in Indonesia.

Hank

One of the ill crew members on Zaandam died, the rest of the crew where outside at see and some weeks ago they put all crew members from Europe to the Nieuw Statendam and the Zaandam and they went to Rotterdam where the European crew members went back home.

Here is the whole status :

Currently, the following Holland America Line ships have completed repatriation efforts or are repatriating crew members and their locations are as follows:

ASIA:

Maasdam, Noordam and Westerdam are en route to the Philippines.
Westerdam will continue onto Indonesia.
Eurodam and Amsterdam are in the Manila Bay area in the Philippines.
Nieuw Amsterdam, Volendam, Rotterdam, Zuiderdam and Veendam are transiting to Asia via ports in southern Africa.
AMERICAS AND THE CARIBBEAN:

Koningsdam is at anchor at Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where efforts are underway to secure transportation home for a number of teammates.
Oosterdam is at anchor at La Paz, Mexico, in minimum operating manning and will move closer to Panama in the coming days.
EUROPE:

Zaandam and Nieuw Statendam have brought several crew home to Europe and are at anchor in Scheveningen, the Netherlands, under minimum operating manning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2