Sky suite availability or not

Lolou127

In 2021 X have 3 Norweigian Fjords cruises, there are no SS available on any of them, does anyone have any idea why that might be? Initially I thought maybe they’re holding them back for lift and shift, but certainly the August one doesn’t work for L &S because it’s a day longer than it’s equivalent this year, any thoughts?

Unusual for all SS to be gone across several cruises....

However, we have a September 2021 cruise booked on the Silhouette (swapped from this year) and there is  already only very limited suites available, no PH, 2xRS, no CC and random SS. I honestly wonder if many guests who have missed their cruises this year may have simply decided to ‘treat themselves’ next year? It will be the first year that an X ship has cruised from Southampton with the upgrade/Retreat features so I would expect suites to be popular.

I also think many Brits are (for obvious reasons) looking for cruises without flights (us included). The Fjords is a great itinerary for adventurous cruisers who may usually book world wide. Also if cruisers are not paying out on flights perhaps it is releasing a little bonus cash for cruising? We cruised the Fjords a couple of years ago and the suites sold out really quickly then...it is a popular destination. 

Suggest you look at some of the online TA offers and see if any of them are offering SS possibly they have made some group bookings. Failing that contact X and ask if it is a glitch on the system or if they are fully booked. If they are fully booked on SS you could ask to be wait listed and in the meantime book an alternative cabin category...Whilst the Retreat perks are great the speciality dining on Silhouette is great too so perhaps you could compromise by booking a decent veranda room and getting a dining package? 

Sincere best wishes that you can secure the room you want.  Hope you can and that you then have a fantastic cruise!

Just looked at a few on lines, SS doesn’t seem to appear as an option (at least on the August cruise)...Suggest you phone.

It would be useful for other readers on CC to know the outcome. Many Brits are possibly hovering about booking a cruise from Southampton 2021 incase in doesn’t happen/still isn’t safe to travel/hoping alternative ports are open and safe...If suites are really booking this quickly then availability on all rooms is likely to reduce and price to increase.

Good luck!

Thanks all,  we’re currently on a Med cruise in August and waiting for it to be cancelled or we will cancel, so yes we’re brits looking for a 2021 cruise that doesn’t mean us flying! does anyone know the cost of dining packages, it’s not on the X website unless you have a booking?

We are sailing next year to the Caribbean and also, few of the larger suites are available now.  But of course fewer inventory of them vs. balcony cabins.  I think if you are considering moving, do it as quickly as possible.

Even if a new cruise, leave a deposit of the highest category of cabin/suite you want.  Also, because of the Corona, I "assume" most passengers will avoid inside and window cabins.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

I mentioned the fact that suites are sold out on one of our upcoming cruises to a non-cruiser friend of mine.  He raised a question that I have not seen addressed.  Is it possible, given the limited number of suites as compared to other classes, that Celebrity is holding some of them back to see if they are allowed to sell all cabins on cruises?  This would be akin to the airlines blocking out middle seats.  If Celebrity were doing this in other classes, there are enough cabins that you might not notice it.  But in the case of suites, the result might be to show as sold out until they figure out the ground rules.

Tom & Judy

10 minutes ago, TFree said:

I mentioned the fact that suites are sold out on one of our upcoming cruises to a non-cruiser friend of mine.  He raised a question that I have not seen addressed.  Is it possible, given the limited number of suites as compared to other classes, that Celebrity is holding some of them back to see if they are allowed to sell all cabins on cruises?  This would be akin to the airlines blocking out middle seats.  If Celebrity were doing this in other classes, there are enough cabins that you might not notice it.  But in the case of suites, the result might be to show as sold out until they figure out the ground rules.

Tom & Judy

I agree with your friend that if the cruise lines are going to have to sail with reduced capacity then it makes sense to block some cabins in every class rather than sell them and have to bump people.

Also the Fjord cruises are only a few a year so they tend to sell out faster than say the Med or Caribbean