Cherbourg

cwppwc

Scheduled on HA from Rome to Amsterdam next May.  There is a stop in Cherbourg (on a Sunday).  Has anyone taken the "Holland America Sainte Mere Eglise & Utah Beach" excursion?  Do you get to walk the beach?  Do they stop at the American cemetary?  Thanks.

The Cemetary overlooks Omaha Beach, which is a ways from Utah. A private or semi private tour that hits Utah, Mere St. Englise, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha and the Cemetary is a better bet.  DM me and I will give you info on tour we used in 2018. 

6 minutes ago, Domer81mpc said:

The Cemetary overlooks Omaha Beach, which is a ways from Utah. A private or semi private tour that hits Utah, Mere St. Englise, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha and the Cemetary is a better bet.  DM me and I will give you info on tour we used in 2018. 

Excuse me for butting in, but how do you direct message someone using CC?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Domer81mpc said:

Thank you.  Unfortunately when I attempt to DM, I receive this message:  "This feature is disabled."  Would you be so kind and send the information to cwppwc@yahoo.com?  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I concur with Domer.  We’ve been to Cherbourg but did a private tour.  Wonderful experience.  There are a lot of knowledgeable guides that can give you the experience of the D Day beaches and Normandy.  Be prepared to be truly moved.

• Like 2

I am on this cruise and raised the same question . After reading b'ween the lines and factoring in other considerations [ such as Ryndam sails at 4 pm ,  ] have concluded that the tour does not go to Omaha Beach & the Cementary . However, I will probe with HAL after they get back to normal [ new normal ??? ] at Head Office . Another of my conclusions :::: The cruise may be adjusted if delivery of Ryndam is delayed due to yard closing for C 19 . I am keeping my ears open

We took this tour through HAL 3 years ago.  Very satisfied with the tour of the church, town and Utah beaches.  I would highly recommend this, unlike many ship tours which we’ve not been pleased with.  It does not go to the cemetery.