Lift & Shift - No comparable cruises

Sorry if this has been asked...haven’t been able to find any details.

We were thrilled with our ship/itinerary - 5 days on Independence August 17-22 stopping at cococay and labadee.  There are very few 5 day itineraries next summer and zero that go to cococay.  Will we be able to Lift & Shift, or are we out of luck?  Any idea what options will be available?  Of course can’t get through anywhere yet to ask...

thanks in advance!!

I didnt even try to lift and shift my 5 day, I just shifted it and paid the new fare.

With cwc you can move any cruise, but since you will be cancelled next Tuesday, you can opt for the 125% fcc, which will be a while coming.  I'd wait to get cancelled if you want the 125% fcc.

If there is a really good price you can just move it now and lock in the price but dont get the extra 25%.

I opted for the refund, last time I got cancelled. FCC has to match new price and can take months to get. There were good prices out there, so I did cwc and moved my deposit. Really it's a individual decision.

Edited by firefly333

33 minutes ago, firsttimedisn said:

We were thrilled with our ship/itinerary - 5 days on Independence August 17-22 stopping at cococay and labadee.  There are very few 5 day itineraries next summer and zero that go to cococay.  Will we be able to Lift & Shift, or are we out of luck?  Any idea what options will be available?  Of course can’t get through anywhere yet to ask...

thanks in advance!!

Your cruise is actually listed by Royal as a Western Caribbean.  Looks like there will only be one option which is a 5 night Explorer out of Galveston.  Might be better off taking the refund or the 125% FCC

My friend and I are currently booked on Rhapsody of the Seas 10/24/2020 out of Venice.  Next year, she and I are not able to go within 4 weeks of this cruise.  The only week we could lift and ***** to would be Sept 4.  Has anyone had any luck in shifting to one outside of the 4 weeks?

Pat

9 minutes ago, patattack said:

My friend and I are currently booked on Rhapsody of the Seas 10/24/2020 out of Venice.  Next year, she and I are not able to go within 4 weeks of this cruise.  The only week we could lift and ***** to would be Sept 4.  Has anyone had any luck in shifting to one outside of the 4 weeks?

Pat

No.  If there are other acceptable cruises within that 8 week span They will not take into account your own personal situation

Edited by Ourusualbeach

There seems to be no consistency to the Lift & Shift Rules. We had a 7 Night cruise from San Juan at the end of November that included 5 ports. From what I read, I thought we would be limited to only cruises from San Juan with a similar itinerary, but our travel agent sent a list of eligible cruises and they included 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries sailing from Port Canaveral, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, New Orleans, Galveston and San Juan with 3 - 6 ports.

The difference may be that we booked in February and the cruise hasn’t been canceled yet, so maybe there are different rules based upon when you booked in the circumstances

1 minute ago, JT1962 said:

There seems to be no consistency to the Lift & Shift Rules. We had a 7 Night cruise from San Juan at the end of November that included 5 ports. From what I read, I thought we would be limited to only cruises from San Juan with a similar itinerary, but our travel agent sent a list of eligible cruises and they included 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries sailing from Port Canaveral, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, New Orleans, Galveston and San Juan with 3 - 6 ports.

The difference may be that we booked in February and the cruise hasn’t been canceled yet, so maybe there are different rules based upon when you booked in the circumstances

There was a period of time when the reps were not fully trained on what was acceptable and what was not.  Now that Revenue has put together one list That is used by agents And is the basis for the online shifting used by Travel agents and now available for guests who booked on their own there is now consistency.  There was never any difference based on whether you cancelled or Royal Cancelled it was always about how different agents interpreted the policy. 

There was a period of time when the reps were not fully trained on what was acceptable and what was not.  Now that Revenue has put together one list That is used by agents And is the basis for the online shifting used by Travel agents and now available for guests who booked on their own there is now consistency.  There was never any difference based on whether you cancelled or Royal Cancelled it was always about how different agents interpreted the policy. 

Glad they got everyone on the same page. It worked well for us. We moved from 7 nights on Serenade from San Juan to 7 nights on Symphony out of Miami and kept the same rate for an OV room. The rate on Symphony would have been over $ 2,200 more total for us at the current rates. Not sure why most people would not choose this option, if they have it, unless they just can’t make the dates work or their current rate is higher.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Glad they got everyone on the same page. It worked well for us. We moved from 7 nights on Serenade from San Juan to 7 nights on Symphony out of Miami and kept the same rate for an OV room. The rate on Symphony would have been over $ 2,200 more total for us at the current rates. Not sure why most people would not choose this option, if they have it, unless they just can’t make the dates work or their current rate is higher.

Lift and shift has been incredible for many. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, firsttimedisn said:

I am pretty bummed. There are zero available ceilings that are comparable to ours. So lift and shift isn’t available. Heck we’d even take one less day if they would let us...

what kind of cabin did you have and how much did you pay per person?

My sister and I are taking kids, so we booked the cheapest inside connecting rooms we could get.  The website says no Lift & Shift available, but when I called, they did say they could offer us a 4 night on the Indy in place of the 5 night with Lift and Shift, but only for August or September 2021, not July (the 4 weeks window before our 2020 cruise date) so the price is a little cheaper anyways on the 4 day they are offering compared to the 5 day we have booked....

3 minutes ago, firsttimedisn said:

My sister and I are taking kids, so we booked the cheapest inside connecting rooms we could get.  The website says no Lift & Shift available, but when I called, they did say they could offer us a 4 night on the Indy in place of the 5 night with Lift and Shift, but only for August or September 2021, not July (the 4 weeks window before our 2020 cruise date) so the price is a little cheaper anyways on the 4 day they are offering compared to the 5 day we have booked....

So really you are not doing a lift and shift.  You are just moving your deposit or monies paid to another cruise that is slightly cheaper.  This is an option that you can do and not be tied to the date restrictions that L&S has.  You can move your cruise to any other sailing it’s just not price protected. 

Did a Lift & Shift on RCI's webside & got this email. However 72 hours have past and have heard nothing. What's next?

Your Lift and Shift request has been received for Booking ID: 'xxxxxxx
No additional action is needed on your part! No need to call our contact centers, we've got you covered!

After reviewing the sailing preferences you've selected, we will Lift and Shift your current reservation and send a confirmation of the new sailing details within 72 hours. Please note, Taxes & Fees will be adjusted to reflect the amount associated with the new Lift & Shift sailing. Taxes & Fees from the original sailing will not be protected.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future! Thank you for your support and loyalty.

2 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Did a Lift & Shift on RCI's webside & got this email. However 72 hours have past and have heard nothing. What's next?

Your Lift and Shift request has been received for Booking ID: 'xxxxxxx
No additional action is needed on your part! No need to call our contact centers, we've got you covered!

After reviewing the sailing preferences you've selected, we will Lift and Shift your current reservation and send a confirmation of the new sailing details within 72 hours. Please note, Taxes & Fees will be adjusted to reflect the amount associated with the new Lift & Shift sailing. Taxes & Fees from the original sailing will not be protected.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future! Thank you for your support and loyalty.

I've had some that I got back the next morning and others that have taken a week.

• Thanks 1

We can’t get lift and shift to work for us either. We have a two bedroom suite booked over thanksgiving this year. 

they will only lift and shift is to the exact suite and of course we can’t get one of those few rooms. We can move to a nonholiday week, but it could be cheaper to just rebook since we paid a premium to sail over a holiday and we can’t pull our kids out of school that long anymore. Ugh. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, firsttimedisn said:

thanks in advance!!

Similar situation for me. I have a 5 night Explorer sailing from Miami January 24, 2021 to Labadee and CocoCay. I don't find any itinerary in January 2022 that goes just to Labadee and CocoCay. I found a 5 night sailing on Mariner to Cozumel and CocoCay for January 24, 2022 that I would be willing to switch to, but not sure that they would let me do that since the itinerary is not exactly the same. I, too, like this itinerary and we have a great deal so I would love to keep that deal and move it out a year, even if it means Cozumel instead of Labadee.

Edited by NCMtnBoys

14 minutes ago, NCMtnBoys said:

Similar situation for me. I have a 5 night Explorer sailing from Miami January 24, 2021 to Labadee and CocoCay. I don't find any itinerary in January 2022 that goes just to Labadee and CocoCay. I found a 5 night sailing on Mariner to Cozumel and CocoCay for January 24, 2022 that I would be willing to switch to, but not sure that they would let me do that since the itinerary is not exactly the same. I, too, like this itinerary and we have a great deal so I would love to keep that deal and move it out a year, even if it means Cozumel instead of Labadee.

The itinerary does not have to be the same.  As long as it’s 5 days you should be good.  I’ve shifted 7 days out of San Juan to 7 days out of Miami...not one port was the same. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The itinerary does not have to be the same.  As long as it’s 5 days you should be good.  I’ve shifted 7 days out of San Juan to 7 days out of Miami...not one port was the same. 

Thank you, good to hear. I was just going by what the L&S offer reads on their consumer site:

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year.  

I'm glad they're flexible!

31 minutes ago, NCMtnBoys said:

Thank you, good to hear. I was just going by what the L&S offer reads on their consumer site:

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year.  

I'm glad they're flexible!

That should say itinerary type.  Caribbean to Caribbean is fine.  Caribbean to Alaska is not.