FCC Issued for more than expected?

I opted for the 125% FCC for our cancelled sailing on 7/4. Received my FCC the other day and it was more like 200% of my cruise fare vs 125%. I confirmed with my TA that the email was saying it correct and each passenger got the amount listed. I figured it was because I had done an upgrade after final payment and maybe it was calculated off the value of the new room type. Well she went to apply it to my other bookings, and they came back saying they miscalculated a bunch of FCC, I can't use it now and must wait for the new one.

So part of me gets it was a mistake. But also, they sent me the amount in writing. Not only have I been waiting for this FCC, but now must wait again for it be usable. Should I just suck it up and wait for the new amount, or do I have some ground to stand on here and fight for the amount they emailed me?

27 minutes ago, m12e31g said:

I opted for the 125% FCC for our cancelled sailing on 7/4. Received my FCC the other day and it was more like 200% of my cruise fare vs 125%. I confirmed with my TA that the email was saying it correct and each passenger got the amount listed. I figured it was because I had done an upgrade after final payment and maybe it was calculated off the value of the new room type. Well she went to apply it to my other bookings, and they came back saying they miscalculated a bunch of FCC, I can't use it now and must wait for the new one.

So part of me gets it was a mistake. But also, they sent me the amount in writing. Not only have I been waiting for this FCC, but now must wait again for it be usable. Should I just suck it up and wait for the new amount, or do I have some ground to stand on here and fight for the amount they emailed me?

I received my FCC a couple days ago and it was for 125% of the total fare including taxes and prepaid gratuities. It was $2000 more than expected.  Unfortunately they fixed it the next day.

As they did indeed make a mistake it won't matter if you have it in writing...there is always a disclaimer somewhere.

The very last point on the letter you received states "additional terms and conditions apply"

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, m12e31g said:

As others said suck it up and wait for correct FCC. At times Cruises were undercharged on a incorrect price listed on Website. Cruisers had paid in Full when Royal later caught the Error gave then a choice pay the correct higher rate or cancel...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I received my FCC a couple days ago and it was for 125% of the total fare including taxes and prepaid gratuities. It was $2000 more than expected.  Unfortunately they fixed it the next day.

As they did indeed make a mistake it won't matter if you have it in writing...there is always a disclaimer somewhere.

The very last point on the letter you received states "additional terms and conditions apply"

I think that may have been what happened. They said it happened to several people, you're the first I've seen mention it though.

I guess I'm just use to local customer service where you honor writing. Cruise lines run on their own terms it seems.

I used an FCC from 2019 to book a cruise in the spring of 2020. I was told my original FCC would be restored in addition to a 125% FCC when that 2020 cruise was cancelled. I thought that was okay because I had to add cash for my 2020 cruise. When I tried to use both FCC's I was told "no" the 125% was not issued.  So, I have an FCC for a cancelled cruise from 2019 and a cash payment that is only worth the the 2019 FCC. I hope I can get this worked out.