Air2Sea on TP

I’m looking at a Sydney to Hawaii TP but have no idea and I’m a little concerned about airfare prices before I book one. I know A2S prices on Europe TAs are normally very reasonable but have never booked a flight to the South Pacific. Are the prices to Australia and Hawaii reasonable as well? Or astronomical?  Any recent cruiser have a ballpark figure as to what your fare was?  

One benefit with Air 2 Sea is you can book refundable rates.  If you see the price drop you call and get the new fare.  The flights don’t need to be paid until final payment which allows to time to also watch the airlines directly and book with them if you see a great deal pop up.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’m looking at a Sydney to Hawaii TP but have no idea and I’m a little concerned about airfare prices before I book one. I know A2S prices on Europe TAs are normally very reasonable but have never booked a flight to the South Pacific. Are the prices to Australia and Hawaii reasonable as well? Or astronomical?  Any recent cruiser have a ballpark figure as to what your fare was?  

We were  previously booked on the cancelled  B2B Transpacific & Hawaii sailings for April/May 2020. Nonstop flight on United (LAX-SYD) via Air2Sea was $576 pp.  Later, after flight was ticketed, we upgraded to business class directly thru United website for $600 and 30K points.  Premium Economy was only $189 pp additional.

Our friends' return flight from Hawaii (via LAX) to the Washington DC area (HNL-IAD) on United was less than $400.  Flights from Vancouver via Seattle to DC (our itinerary) were $268.

Hope this helps!  We truly missed those great two sailings; hopefully can book again in 2022 in either direction.

Edited by long4acruise
omitted word.

12 hours ago, long4acruise said:

We were  previously booked on the cancelled  B2B Transpacific & Hawaii sailings for April/May 2020. Nonstop flight on United (LAX-SYD) via Air2Sea was $576 pp.  Later, after flight was ticketed, we upgraded to business class directly thru United website for $600 and 30K points.  Premium Economy was only $189 pp additional.

Our friends' return flight from Hawaii (via LAX) to the Washington DC area (HNL-IAD) on United was less than $400.  Flights from Vancouver via Seattle to DC (our itinerary) were $268.

Hope this helps!  We truly missed those great two sailings; hopefully can book again in 2022 in either direction.

That’s very helpful. 
Thank you!

We were also booked on the April 2020 Sydney to Honolulu and cancelled. With the flight being 16 hours there was no way I would sit in standard economy.  We used Air2Sea and the price for economy plus was around $3000 for two and then we needed to add Hawaii to LAX for about $600 additional.  Air fare and hotel was more than the cruise price for a deck 12 balcony.. I was  actually happy things were cancelled.  Lax to Europe has never been over $1600 for two in premium economy.  As a side note Air2Sea has always been a pleasure.  Several years ago our flight to Rome was canceled the morning of the flight because of a hurricane.  30 minutes on the phone with Air2Sea and we were booked onto a different airline with no additional cost or fees.  happy cruising

• Thanks 1

My previous 3 TransPacific been around $1300 one way for Premium Economy  from LAX to SYD via TPE on China Airlines (Taiwanese Airline / part of SkyTeam). They have the same Premium Economy seats as Air France (hard shell seat so if the person in front reclines, it doesn’t recline into your space) The legroom and seat width was similar to a domestic first class seat. 

Edited by SkaterJasp
  • Thanks 1