New promotion available now (Europe)

z4oslo

Just a small heads up if you are in Europe, NCL now has a promotion for $99 and includes

1 x Shore Excursion Discount 1 x Service Charge - Premium Beverage Package 1 x 2 Meal Speciality Dining Package 1 x Internet Package (250 Minutes) 1 x Premium Beverage Package

first time I ever see this in Europe.

Was looking at Epic for next year, and its cheaper than it was in 2019

Yep just shifted a Nov 2020 to a 2022 on it - never usually book so far out but good prices and low deposits means its cheaper and a better deal of perks.. Least I can now forget about the November cruise as the Final Payment was quickly approaching and its looking pretty obvious it wont be sailing as it was a TA..

13 hours ago, z4oslo said:

Just a small heads up if you are in Europe, NCL now has a promotion for $99 and includes

1 x Shore Excursion Discount 1 x Service Charge - Premium Beverage Package 1 x 2 Meal Speciality Dining Package 1 x Internet Package (250 Minutes) 1 x Premium Beverage Package

first time I ever see this in Europe.

Was looking at Epic for next year, and its cheaper than it was in 2019

They do have this promotion in Europe already for approx. 1 -2 weeks.

Usually it was "pick two out of 5" for their free at sea offer(cost is between 99 and 199 EUR/USD ,depending on the length of the cruise) Now it is "take all 5" for the same price.

I think it is very likely that the european citizens will go cruising on European itineraries much earlier than our friends from the US will do.

So it makes sense to concentrate on the european market at the moment.

I also can imagine that NCL tries out some "cruises to nowhere" in Europe. Means cruises with only a few sea days and no port stops. this would be a great opportunity to get publicity in Europe.If you are one of only few cruise lines operating at all, the focus is on you and you can present yourself.

• Like 1

and still no respect for customers holding already a booking. It looks like loyalty is not rewarded at all exc.with the Latiudes program.  We pay months in advance, NCL use our cash to survive but we do not have access to all the promos and if we cancel/rebook we loose the penalty . Strange commercial behavior. I was glad I did it differently in my previous active life ....next year I will wait until the last moment to book; since the long-haul pax will not be cruising so soon, the risks are limited.

Why should they give promotions to customers which have already booked? At the time you have booked you agreed to the offered price and service. So i don`t understand why they should give you anything additional.

It is always hard to find the perfect time of booking if you want to get the best deal. But that`s life. Sometimes you win ,sometimes you loose.

Never mind. I have another sense of good commercial relationship.But they will be crying soon for more European passengers and we shall remember their lack of common sense ... Your bind your old and good customers by giving them the feeling that they haven't been screwed. 

Thats a common practice that companies try to get new customers by offering them things that existing customers don`t get. this is nothing unusual.One can like it or not,but thats usual practice.

I will never understand why the people just don`t accept what they have agreed to.

You have booked a specific service for a specific price.NCL accepted your "offer" and a deal was signed. Obviously both sides were happy with that deal. So you think the price you paid was acceptable.Otherwhise you wouldn`t have booked it.

If someone gets a better deal by booking at another time,well,that bad luck. You can not demand that every passenger gets the same deal. I mean you can demand,but if you don`t get it..for me personally this is not bad customer service.

If you want to be treated as a god as a loyal customer then you should check which cruise line offers the most for their loyal customers. NCL definitely does not belong to these companies. I agree with you on that.

9 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

If you want to be treated as a god as a loyal customer then you should check which cruise line offers the most for their loyal customers. NCL definitely does not belong to these companies. I agree with you on that.

Agreed. And if you want the best price, don't care about cabin location or itinerary, and can book last minute NCLs pricing two to seven days prior to sailing can't be beat. You get rock bottom prices and the same lack of customer service that the higher priced bookings get. At least when you book last minute, you can justify their terrible customer service with, " You get what you pay for."

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Agreed. And if you want the best price, don't care about cabin location or itinerary, and can book last minute NCLs pricing two to seven days prior to sailing can't be beat. You get rock bottom prices and the same lack of customer service that the higher priced bookings get. At least when you book last minute, you can justify their terrible customer service with, " You get what you pay for."

I've booked plenty of last minute cruises and have no complaints about "customer service".    With this style of booking-  you MUST be very flexible, and fully accepting of not going.  🙂     

I've had no shortage of cruises in the past -  on last minute deals.    But-  several times,  cruises that looked promising never dropped,  and unexpected itineraries popped up.  🙂      I do book based on itinerary only-  my only bargain priority.   

But,  it remains to be seen,  what the future may or may not have available.    Last minute may not be in the marketing of the future with NCL.?    

1 minute ago, Budget Queen said:

I've booked plenty of last minute cruises and have no complaints about "customer service".    With this style of booking-  you MUST be very flexible, and fully accepting of not going.  🙂     

I've had no shortage of cruises in the past -  on last minute deals.    But-  several times,  cruises that looked promising never dropped,  and unexpected itineraries popped up.  🙂      I do book based on itinerary only-  my only bargain priority.   

But,  it remains to be seen,  what the future may or may not have available.    Last minute may not be in the marketing of the future with NCL.?    

All true. Likely a different product anyway, once things get going. The cost of Covid compliance will likely outweigh the benefits of cruising for us. Most of our cruises have been fine but the few times I needed some shore side customer service, NCL was a huge letdown. Onboard service, usually no issues. It's why we only book last minute, cheap, cheap rates with NCL. It's the same strategy we use with Spirit airlines, too. Cheers.

8 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

All true. Likely a different product anyway, once things get going. The cost of Covid compliance will likely outweigh the benefits of cruising for us. Most of our cruises have been fine but the few times I needed some shore side customer service, NCL was a huge letdown. Onboard service, usually no issues. It's why we only book last minute, cheap, cheap rates with NCL. It's the same strategy we use with Spirit airlines, too. Cheers.

Sounds like it worked well for you.   A lot of flexibility???    But with your mention of Spirit-  sounds like,  you limit to out of the US?   

3 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Sounds like it worked well for you.   A lot of flexibility???    But with your mention of Spirit-  sounds like,  you limit to out of the US?   

No, with last minute must be totally flexible and open. We don't always fly spirit, but they have great last minute deals.  I'll do more exotic runs like back to back bermuda week 1 then Canada week 2. Or a 14 day Panama canal or 12 day Caribbean, 11 day Canada New England, etc. 

1 minute ago, luv2kroooz said:

No, with last minute must be totally flexible and open. We don't always fly spirit, but they have great last minute deals.  I'll do more exotic runs like back to back bermuda week 1 then Canada week 2. Or a 14 day Panama canal or 12 day Caribbean, 11 day Canada New England, etc. 

All your list is out of the US>  😉    

1 minute ago, luv2kroooz said:

Once again, there are no limits. We go wherever there are good rates, which could be anywhere. The goal is to find cheap, cheap rates.

Well,   last year was certainly full of cruises for me.  Only limit I had was dates.  🙂   Most people aren't all that flexible-  for the most options-  it had to be world wide.    which for me-  it was.   🙂       

Good cruise hunting to you.   

• Thanks 1