Sunrise Switcheroo

Cruisesfun65

We booked the October 31 sail date for Sunrise. I got an email this morning about final payment due date with the sail date of Nov. 2. Guess that's one way to tell us the new date!  Sure wish we were still sailing out of FLL, it's a much easier drive from SW Florida. But we're just glad to be booked.... and fingers crossed that we'll sail on that date.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:54 AM, tdggal1980 said:

We are on the 1/18/21 sailing and got the same email.  I didn’t think they would be potentially switching ships - I thought the Sunrise was taking the Sensation’s routes and based on that schedule that would determine when our new sailing would be.  So they may be switching ships?  I wouldn’t mind being on the Horizon!  The dates matter though because we are going for our anniversary.

I was told the Sunrise was replacing the Sensation on my Jan 14 th sailing out of Miami. Looks like the Sensation has been moved to Alabama,.

11 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I was told the Sunrise was replacing the Sensation on my Jan 14 th sailing out of Miami. Looks like the Sensation has been moved to Alabama,.

Ok; that makes sense.  I have heard rumblings that our 1/18/21 will now leave 1/16/21 and go to Grand Turk which is one of our all time favorite ports so I would be happy with that switch 🙂

I suspect they are not yet opening up Sunrise cruises out of Miami until they have all of the Sunrise “out of FLL” cruisers moved. We were October 31 out of FLL and are waiting on new date and itinerary. Although it could be a lot of unnecessary work by Carnival if the November cruises are all cancelled. 

• Like 1

Ok, now the new dates of our B2B in February are known. Well, it's not a B2B anymore as there are now 5 days between our 2 cruises....

Needless to say, this will not work.

On the long hold with Carnival now, but I was wondering - since this is a change made by the cruise line, I assume there are no penalties to transfer our funds to another booking.

But will there also be OBC for this switch?

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I still do not see any Sunrise cruises in February 2021.

My TA can just see our new dates on our reservations but not the itinerary. 

Our Febr 11th cruise is now on Febr 4th.

Our Febr 15th cruise is now on Febr 13th. Just great. 

Our cruise was booked for October 31 and I chose it because of the port (FLL) and itinerary (one of ports was private island). Now with the change in departure port and probably change of itinerary, I would not be terribly disappointed if it was cancelled and I would get the $300  OBC as has been the pattern in the past when cruises were cancelled. Right now, if it does sail out of MIA early in November, and with a new itinerary, we have the choice of either $100 OBC on the cruise or cancel with monies simply returned.