FCC - Port Fees/Taxes

ckb104

When you use your FCC to pay for your next cruise, can it apply to port fees/taxes or just the cruise fare?

I can't seem to find this info anywhere, so I apologize if it's already been posted.  I did a search, but didn't see anything. 

56 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

When you use your FCC to pay for your next cruise, can it apply to port fees/taxes or just the cruise fare?

I can't seem to find this info anywhere, so I apologize if it's already been posted.  I did a search, but didn't see anything. 

I think it is cruise fare only.  I hope one of the veterans will come in and answer.  I have another question, but I think I know the answer.  Are FCC’s limited to their person they were given to? Bad sentence, sorry!

Just now, CynCyn said:

I have another question, but I think I know the answer.  Are FCC’s limited to their person they were given to?

FCC are limited to the person who has them.  They can't be transferred to someone else.  

10 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

FCC are limited to the person who has them.  They can't be transferred to someone else.  

That’s what I was afraid of......

may have to book a nice cabin as a single and an inside for others...

FCC can be used for multiple cruises so you do not have to worry about spending it all on one cruise unless you probably will not sail again before it expires. Currently FCC is applied only towards cruisefare so it cannot be used for Government taxes and Fees. For some of the cruises cancelled during Pause1 some have reported the Government taxes and fees are in a holding account to be used for future bookings but can be requested to be refunded to original form of payment but you have to request refund.

I did noticed a recent recent update saying future bookings using FCC will NOT require a seperate deposit either being $ or a FCD. I couple months ago, I had booked January 2021 cruises using FCC that fully covers cruise fare but was required to supply deposit as I was out of FCD's. So in essence, the additional deposit reduced the amount of Govt taxes and fees owed.

22 hours ago, wallyj said:

Currently FCC is applied only towards cruisefare so it cannot be used for Government taxes and Fees.

For (at least) the Pause 3 and Pause 4 cruises, a refunded deposit FCC (but not the bonus FCC) is "refundable".

Being refundable, I would hope that FCC could be applied towards Government taxes and fees since you could ask for the refund and then once getting it, turn around and use some/all of it to pay those taxes and fees.

Of course I do not know about the refundable FCC

a) If it can directly be applied towards the taxes and fees

b) At what point you can ask for that refundable FCC to be refunded to you

What seems to be the lastest info in the FAQ's says the refundable FCC can be refunded after 12 months if NOT used. So it is not clear if you apply this refundable FCC to a cruise that is subsequently cancelled by Princess is it returned as refundable and the 12 months resets?

If you cannot request refund of refundable FCC for 12 months, then you probably cannot used towards taxes and fees, I am not aware Princess has changed this policy yet.

1 hour ago, wallyworld583 said:

Interesting that it can't be used for port fees and taxes when  the refund I received included port fees and taxes I paid on the cancelled cruise.  Hmmm.  How does that work?

You would be one of the first to post you received Princess FCC from a cancelled cruise that included the Govt Taxes and Fees in the FCC amount, as far as I have experienced, Princess has 'refunded' the Govt taxes and fees back to the original form of payment or put it in a holding account to be used for a future booking so only thru the holding account or using the 'cash' refund to original form of payment are you able to use these amounts, FCC in your Princess account can NOT be used for Govt Taxes and Fees when used for a future booking.

Are the funds in the holding account not FCC?  That's where all the money from my first cancelled cruise, which was cancelled after final payment, was placed.  The only "FCC" I received was from the deposits on that cruise and the second cancelled cruise. 

3 minutes ago, wallyworld583 said:

Are the funds in the holding account not FCC?  That's where all the money from my first cancelled cruise, which was cancelled after final payment, was placed.  The only "FCC" I received was from the deposits on that cruise and the second cancelled cruise. 

So you have confused me as your previous post said the refund I received included port fees and taxes and your above post say you have only received FCC in the amount of the 'deposits'?

If you selected option1 and not refund , in pause 1, March 2020 cancellations, myself and others have reported the Govt taxes and Fees portion of thier cruisefare was put in a Princess holding account you can not see in your My Princess account online. FCC will appear in your online account along with any FCD's you may have bought on board while sailing Princess or someone else bought on your behalf if they were on a Princess ship. 

Please clarify, did you request refund and were eligible to receive 'bonus' FCC? after Princess cancelled a cruise after final payment? If this is the case , if you use a Princess FCD then that is returned as a FCD, if you were eligigle for double the deposit meaning the cruise was probably cancelled before final payment and you did not request refund, if you used a Princess FCD, it is returned as a refundable FCC and your bonus 'double' amount is a non refundable FCC. If you did not use a Princess FCD for the deposit, whatever that amount was should have be turned into a refundable FCC. With only deposits placed , these sailings you did not pay any Govt taxes or fees yet so there is nothing to return for these amounts.

If the only FCC you have received are deposits then either Princess has not completed your booking refund completely for a cruise cancelled after final payment, or you requested refund and not higher value FCC, either way , Govt taxes and fees are returned to a holding account you cannot see or original form of payment. If you have a holding account amount, you can request Princess to refund instead of holding to be be for Govt taxes and fees for a future cruise booking.

Had a cruise set for March that was cancelled two days before sailing. Took option one and fare and "bonus" was deposited in the holding account.  Plus, there was double deposit in my account as fcc.  Second cruise was cancelled before final payment and double deposit into my account as fcc.  Whether this is the way it should have happened, I don't know.  I am ☺ with the outcome.