Name change on a reservation?

We are booked for a cruise next summer using our cruise credit certificates we received when our cruise this summer got canceled.  The passengers are myself, husband, daughter, and a friend of hers.  There is a chance the friend will not be able to go next summer (due to summer school) and my daughter will then ask a different friend (we won't know this for sure until the school year gets underway).  Will it be OK to change the name on the reservation?  I'm concerned because the original credit certificate can only be used by that person's name that was on it.  But, since the reservations are already made using the original friend's name, and if I have to change it, perhaps, next spring, I wonder if I'm going to run into trouble doing that?  I know you can normally make a passenger change without any issue, but in this case, with the credit certificate, I'm not sure.  Thanks in advance for any advise or thoughts!

Last I heard there is no charge to change a name, but if it was paid for by a fcc with the pax name you are removing I would think they would remove that particular fcc. Might be better off to leave as is and have that person be a no show and have fees and taxes refunded after the cruise price wise. Though I'm sure your daughter wants a friend. 

I'm a little unclear about the fcc s you used to pay for the cruise. If all 4 were fccs attached to names on current booking.

@ourusualbeach will know for sure.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

I would like to know this too. We have 3 GS cabins booked and there's a possibility in one of the quad cabins where there was going to be two adults and two children (all have FCC's applied and KSF which was transferred from our original RCI cancelled cruise).

If the two adults (parents) can't go we have two other family members that would go with the kids taking the parents place or possibly just have the kids as a no show. How would we go about this name change? Trying to get some creative help with this.

Thanks so much.

53 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just a guess but I don't think that they would catch that the person sailing is not the same as the person on the certificate.

Maybe, but the actual names and related FCC cert #s are listed on the invoice. 

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just a guess but I don't think that they would catch that the person sailing is not the same as the person on the certificate.

These particular bookings (May 2021) are paid in full. I wouldn't make the (adult's) name change until very near last minute...Does this make a difference and could certainly have the two kids be a no show as their on the original booking, as that's probably what will happen.

I just don't want it to be re-priced and the FCC's that are being used that are in their name's I actually paid for them and so they aren't personally losing anything. Hope this isn't too confusing. Fingers crossed I can somehow work this out to take my son and his wife instead of my daughter and her husband....again the two kids can be no shows.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:27 PM, Ashland said:

These particular bookings (May 2021) are paid in full. I wouldn't make the (adult's) name change until very near last minute...Does this make a difference and could certainly have the two kids be a no show as their on the original booking, as that's probably what will happen.

I just don't want it to be re-priced and the FCC's that are being used that are in their name's I actually paid for them and so they aren't personally losing anything. Hope this isn't too confusing. Fingers crossed I can somehow work this out to take my son and his wife instead of my daughter and her husband....again the two kids can be no shows.

Any more help with this situation...No idea how to handle this ? It doesn't matter who ends up being a no show...I just don't want to lose this cabin. Best to leave the passenger #1 on and change name on passenger #3 and one of the kids (with KSF)? Help!!!

Edited by Ashland

20 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Any more help with this situation...No idea how to handle this ? It doesn't matter who ends up being a no show...I just don't want to lose this cabin. Best to leave the passenger #1 on and change name on passenger #3 and one of the kids (with KSF)? Help!!!

I meant passenger # 2 not #3... kids are #3 & #4 sorry.