Stacking FCC?

Our friends that we often cruise with were told by a RCI agent that they could 'stack' two FCC each when booking a new cruise. They cancelled a back to back, and of course were issued two FCC for each person. Was the agent just blowing smoke, or it this a new policy allowing people to combine FCC?

Knowing if this is true makes a difference when choosing between cash refund and FCC. 

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Our friends that we often cruise with were told by a RCI agent that they could 'stack' two FCC each when booking a new cruise. They cancelled a back to back, and of course were issued two FCC for each person. Was the agent just blowing smoke, or it this a new policy allowing people to combine FCC?

Knowing if this is true makes a difference when choosing between cash refund and FCC. 

Thanks.

Unless things have changed the answer is no however exceptions are sometimes made and I could see them allowing an exception in the case of a B2B and treat it as one cruise especially if the new single cruise was the same length or close to the length of the original B2B

Terms have not changed.

29. Can my client use more than one Future Cruise Credit to pay for his/her cruise fare?
At this time, only one FCC can be applied to each guest in a reservation. Future Cruise Credits are not
stackable.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Am I correct in that I read where if you used fcc for partial payment towards a new cruise and it’s cancelled, if you choose fcc for the additional amount you paid on the new cruise, they will combine the two into one fcc?  

Edited by HicksRA

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Am I correct in that I read where if you used fcc for partial payment towards a new cruise and it’s cancelled, if you choose fcc for the additional amount you paid on the new cruise, they will combine the two into one fcc?  

That's what I heard as well

I have a bit of experience with this.

Up front I am going to say Back to back might be different.

We booked and had 3 cruises cancelled and finally gave up and booked for next May.

I have an amazing travel agent and she was a pit bull dealing with Royal. Several of the customer service people could not use common sense in that all I wanted was to get 125% of the actual cash I spent nothing more.  It was complicated due to all the different cruises and FCC used.  

Another issue that came into play was the fact that the original cruise we booked was a kids cruise free trip however, the second trip was not.

The way that it works is the FCC is broken down per person so the fact that the original cruise showed we paid nothing, other than port fees, for my son there was no credit.  However, for the second cruise that was not the case and the hang up was getting them to understand we paid money for the second trip for my son.  Therefore we were due FCC for him.

We finally got it figured it out thanks to my calm but demanding travel agent.

If you don't know, all the port taxes and fees are never part of the FCC and they are refunded back to you via the same m method you paid for them.

Bottom line is I recommend figuring out exactly what was paid and keeping track of everything.

I hope this explains what we went through. Again we did not book back to backs but had several cruises with FCC and were not allowed to stack anything.

Happy Cruising.... 

With nine C19 cruises cancelled so far, we've tried several times to get them to stack FCCs with no luck. We still have one FCC in hand, but have run out of cruises for which it can be applied (fortunately it's only for $200).