Holland stops cruises through Dec 31

oskidunker

Optimism and hope are the refuge of those who lack facts (or "data" as has been said by Dr Fauci).  But consider Moderna, who has gotten a lot of publicity because they have a "promising" vaccine in Phase 3 Trials.  Moderna has brought exactly zero drugs to market in their short history.  But their top executives have already made about $100 million by selling their stock (which more then tripled with all the good publicity).  But keep in mind those folks have pocketed over $100 million running a company that has NEVER had a single drug or vaccine make it to market.  And yet, many of us here in the USA are hopeful that they will be successful (and I will be in line for their vaccine if it does well in Phase 3).

Although I am routing for Moderna, a lifetime in the healthcare industry continues to infuse my tiny mind with a degree of skepticism.  There are currently 3 drugs in Phase 3 (including Modernas) and more then 150 others in earlier testing.  The future of the cruise industry is likely in the hands of these drug companies so lets all wish them well.  As to Moderna, the way things are going for their executives/senior management they might soon have enough money to buy the cruise lines even if they never do get an approved drug ).

Hank

54 minutes ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

I thinks it’s a bit naive to think this will magically be gone Jan. 1 - the whole winter to me is a long shot.

I’m thinking it’s going to be a vaccine and/or effective medical therapies that will give cruisers the confidence to sail, not a date. I’m (very) cautiously optimistic about Feb 2022 as a safe bet to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just had friends who had a Carnival cruise booked in February 2021 and said that Carnival canceled it today.....

20 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

We just had friends who had a Carnival cruise booked in February 2021 and said that Carnival canceled it today.....

I’m not surprised - we have the Sky booked for Feb 2021 but don’t think it will happen, which is why I said possibly maybe hopefully kinda a little optimistic about Feb 2022!  🤪....

We would be very surprised to see any cruises before March 2021.  And if there are we have to wonder about how many would be comfortable sailing at that time.  We certainly would not given the current state of covid and the huge variances between how different nations have been fighting covid.    

Edited by iancal