Legend Balcony location

vbscoot

Hi all....We're looking to book a cruise from Barcelona in October 2021 with stops in Marseille, Livorno, Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Sicily, and Palma de Mallorca. And then a TA with stops in Seville, Funchal, Ponta Delgada, and Praia Da Vitoria (Azores).  For those of you that have have had the experience of visiting these or some of these ports,  what balcony location would be best arriving and departing ports?  Port or Starboard?  

Thanks for any  help.

The Ships don’t always dock on the same side at the same Port.  It depends on what the Captain thinks is best at the time.  It will partly depend on other ships that are docked there first.  

When I'm planning our cruises, I look at a map, and pay attention to which direction you are sailing in respect to land, and choose port or starboard accordingly.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous poster - we can't predict which way the ship will dock.   And in my experience, in most cases, you are sailing too far from land to see anything when out to sea, even if the route appears to be along a coastline.   I consider whether I want morning or afternoon sun on a balcony.   Obviously, on a round-trip cruise, you will get both over the course of the cruise, but maybe you would rather have sun or shade on port days, when you will be likely be spending more time on your balcony.  The position of the sun will make a difference on your transatlantic, so give that some thought, too.   

Those sound like great cruises.   Have a wonderful time.  

We did a similar Carnival cruise from Barcelona back in 2018. I would suggest the starboard side. While things may be different, most times we docked from the starboard side. The Sicily port from the starboard side was hilarious. The port is like across the street from regular office buildings.