Regatta sighting (rare in Long Beach, CA)

Georgie562

Went for my daily jog to the port and look who was in town Today?

FB27A894-1005-421A-953F-3293F45EF8A2.thumb.jpeg.655b3787519220a9acb15718664316fb.jpegE428A445-9AB9-493F-B831-EF2C0AB899D8.thumb.jpeg.d006a843e20fa2f678d4cbc8eef3cc0e.jpegD74FB7FE-FD5C-4B5A-B995-884EA66E2E58.thumb.jpeg.1b26598b4f7113ead25705089d6f1ab4.jpeg

Wonder where on earth is she heading to next? 🧐

Last week I saw 2 Celebrity ships and I'd be lying if I said I don't miss cruising 😏

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgie562 said:

Went for my daily jog to the port and look who was in town Today?

FB27A894-1005-421A-953F-3293F45EF8A2.thumb.jpeg.655b3787519220a9acb15718664316fb.jpegE428A445-9AB9-493F-B831-EF2C0AB899D8.thumb.jpeg.d006a843e20fa2f678d4cbc8eef3cc0e.jpegD74FB7FE-FD5C-4B5A-B995-884EA66E2E58.thumb.jpeg.1b26598b4f7113ead25705089d6f1ab4.jpeg

Wonder where on earth is she heading to next? 🧐

Last week I saw 2 Celebrity ships and I'd be lying if I said I don't miss cruising 😏

Regatta has been in the San Pedro/Long Beach Port area for several weeks following a several month stay at the Port of Oakland up north. 

It will move around in the general area for training, maneuvers, maintenance, etc.

We already know that there'll be no Alaska for her in 2020. After that season, she usually heads across the Pacific for "down under."

IMO, Regatta's not going to cruise again until next spring, which is a bummer for us since we have an Auckland-Sydney cruise booked in mid-January. 

Yes, the local Long Beach newspaper which lists all the comings and goings in the harbor has shown the Regatta as present in Long Beach for weeks.  I think it's been moved around within the harbor which is why the OP hadn't seen it before.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We are on the Regatta's first 2021 sailing on April 22nd.  I do hope it goes as scheduled. 

Wrong. (Yet another person has misunderstood the recent announcement affecting ONLY Insignia cruises).

Regatta cruises from November 2020 forward are still scheduled. Since we've got a January Regatta booking, we check regularly.

In any case, I do expect that our upcoming November cruise on Nautica and our January Regatta cruise will be canceled by O. 

Sorry, I haven't been on cruise critic for awhile and a few months ago there was a post of an NCL/Oceania schedule showing the first cruise for Regatta was to be on April 22nd.  I'm happy Regatta will be sailing earlier as I was a bit apprehensive about being on the first  sailing after Covid-19. 

10 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Sorry, I haven't been on cruise critic for awhile and a few months ago there was a post of an NCL/Oceania schedule showing the first cruise for Regatta was to be on April 22nd.  I'm happy Regatta will be sailing earlier as I was a bit apprehensive about being on the first  sailing after Covid-19. 

The most accurate overall cancel/restart information can be found in the Travel Advisory link on the Oceania website homepage.

The most accurate information regarding your specific cruise can be found in the Oceania email notices sent to you directly or as forwarded to you by your travel agent for that cruise.

As evidenced on both CC Oceania forums and in this Facebook Oceania group forum, most other sources/statements of info are often wrong/misunderstood/wishful/trolling/.....

7 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Rumors are rampant these days.  I have high hopes that we will get to sail on Regatta, I also am realistic after having had three cruises canceled for 2020 and 2021. 

Google FDR's interviews from earlier this summer. On multiple occasions, he said exactly the same thing that, regardless current booking policies, will be the plan - when and if the CDC and other government authorities (worldwide) give the "go" signal:

"Phased in restart beginning in this year's fourth quarter...." I read that to be one R ship followed by one O ship in November/December. But, it all depends on outside factors.