Cruise Critic News: Popular Carnival Cruise Director Matt Mitcham Announces Retirement

jimbo5544

On 8/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, St.Pete said:

Both my favorite CD's have passed on.   Corey Schmidt and Dave Armour.  John Heald did most of his shtick copying Dave, including his bedtime story.

Corey was our first, way different than Matt

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

We were looking forward to sailing with Matt. Question: when did resigning from a job become known as retirement? He looks like he has a few good years left in him to be working.

Good guess, rumor has it he is 34

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Good guess, rumor has it he is 34

So why is the term 'retirement' used so often do you suppose? It's not like they're getting a proverbial gold watch for their 4 years of service with Carnival and living in Florida at the Villages.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

So why is the term 'retirement' used so often do you suppose? It's not like they're getting a proverbial gold watch for their 4 years of service with Carnival and living in Florida at the Villages.

Matt is a tad young for the villages.  It works as well as any other reason.  Everybody needs to get paid.  He def has other fish in the fryer, my guess is we will know by month end where that will lead him.

21 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Matt is a tad young for the villages.  It works as well as any other reason.  Everybody needs to get paid.  He def has other fish in the fryer, my guess is we will know by month end where that will lead him.

N/M, we're talking passed each other 😉 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I wouldn’t choose The Villages for retirement. There are so many better options.

• Like 1

We had Wee Jimmy twice and really like his approach and style.

Also had Cookie once and will avoid him in the future. Seemed like his favorite thing was just to get guests on stage to make them look foolish. We saw it several times. One of the couples for L&M was a lesbian couple and he made it SO awkward. They really rolled with it but instead of just changing the questions to spouse, he made a big deal every time it was “husband.” Granted some questions don’t work without a guy, but he managed to make it very uncomfortable.  Plus his announcements are far more annoying than any other CD. 

One of my favorites was last Feb on Victory and I can’t remember his name. Funniest Love and Marriage show ever!