Traditional Itinerary Release Dates

amyr

Obviously none of us has a crystal ball, and of course the industry is in an unprecedented tailspin, BUT when does HAL traditionally release itineraries for the Australia/New Zealand and Asia seasons?  I have a lot of FCC and am trying to peer into the future to plan my trips in the hopes that 2022 is viable.  I see that there are some itineraries on the books for JAN-APR 2022 to South America, so at least something is happening.

If everything were still as it were, would those itineraries be out yet?  Apologies if this is being discussed, but a search didn't yield any answers, and I have a vague memory of HAL being among the last to publish itineraries. 

• Like 1

Obviously none of us has a crystal ball, and of course the industry is in an unprecedented tailspin, BUT when does HAL traditionally release itineraries for the Australia/New Zealand and Asia seasons?  I have a lot of FCC and am trying to peer into the future to plan my trips in the hopes that 2022 is viable.  I see that there are some itineraries on the books for JAN-APR 2022 to South America, so at least something is happening.

If everything were still as it were, would those itineraries be out yet?  Apologies if this is being discussed, but a search didn't yield any answers, and I have a vague memory of HAL being among the last to publish itineraries. 

Spring 2022 was released last year. I’m hoping sooner than December (as someone else said) but wouldn’t be surprised. NCL summer 2022 has been out for several months. But no others of mainstream lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

12 hours ago, denatravels said:

Spring 2022 was released last year. I’m hoping sooner than December (as someone else said) but wouldn’t be surprised. NCL summer 2022 has been out for several months. But no others of mainstream lines.

Not much in the spring though, or am I missing it somehow?  I saw some South America, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, and the GWV.  I didn't even see much Caribbean, which did kind of surprise me.  I'm looking specifically for Australia/New Zealand and Asia.  Is it somewhere I'm not seeing?

We moved our August 2020 Northern Isles B2B with Norway to August 2021 on NS, but got that moved last week when they shifted NS to other itineraries.  I'd love to see summer 2022 too to see if we can book a repeat, but who knows when they'll get to that.  

On 9/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, Bob7 said:

Amyr we're in the same 'boat' as you, looking for Aussie/NZ Jan 2022 with at least 2 mainland AUS stops, but no HALs offered.  Just the old NCL Spirit Jan 4 and some high end ships for 5-6K pp.

The good news is that someone else asked a version of the same question in a thread about Caribbean itineraries, and AtlantaCruiser72 said that in normal times these itineraries would have been out late May, and they had recently published Oosterdam's Fall 2021 itinerary and were sending her over to Australia then, which I had somehow missed.   So at least they have her heading over in what looks like a normal Oosterdam winter itinerary.  If it works out, that means she'll be heading back in (our) spring, and that's the cruise we'd like to be on after driving around New Zealand for a while.  As my grandmother would have said, "The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, amyr said:

The good news is that someone else asked a version of the same question in a thread about Caribbean itineraries, and AtlantaCruiser72 said that in normal times these itineraries would have been out late May, and they had recently published Oosterdam's Fall 2021 itinerary and were sending her over to Australia then, which I had somehow missed.   So at least they have her heading over in what looks like a normal Oosterdam winter itinerary.  If it works out, that means she'll be heading back in (our) spring, and that's the cruise we'd like to be on after driving around New Zealand for a while.  As my grandmother would have said, "The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."

Yes that's encouraging that the Ooster is already down under Nov-Dec of 2021, a good chance it will do AUS/NZ Jan-Feb 22. We've got the Ooster Jan 2021 but will have to cancel shortly, borders closed and iffy flights, might hang on if final payment was later. Bummer to cancel b/c we scored one of those aft facing VB's on deck 5 with the huge balconies.

M any former avid cruisers say NO to the thought of cruising  again soon.   Until cruise lines are able to get a feel for "interest  levels of 'former cruiss   they cannot know much about their future.

Availability of   saf e vaccine and tested, and verified treatments are critical in that  regard,  IMO 

On 9/7/2020 at 6:55 AM, Bob7 said:

Yes that's encouraging that the Ooster is already down under Nov-Dec of 2021, a good chance it will do AUS/NZ Jan-Feb 22. We've got the Ooster Jan 2021 but will have to cancel shortly, borders closed and iffy flights, might hang on if final payment was later. Bummer to cancel b/c we scored one of those aft facing VB's on deck 5 with the huge balconies.

We’re looking at the  Oct Nov Dec 2021 62 day Australia cruise also. Still not sure if this is still too early and possibly wait til 2022.  It’s still so uncertain times. Miss cruising though. 

• Like 1