Costa ready to roll

jimbo5544

Well, this is the first message I have received from Costa about my Abu Dhabi cruise.

We write to inform you that due to the cancellation of your cruise, all related optional bookings made on MyCosta have also been cancelled.

That was all they said.

They never told me it was cancelled or offered any kind of regret. I feel this is very poor PR on their part.

• Like 1

We write to inform you that due to the cancellation of your cruise, all related optional bookings made on MyCosta have also been cancelled.

They never told me it was cancelled.

This is a notice of cancellation of your add on shore excursions and other packages which you bought.

Its not an intimation of The Cruise cancellation or the FCC + OBC they are offering.

I have not received any email at all and my sailing is coming up in less than 30 days.

these Costa Diadema Cruises were booked by transferring the payment of cancelled Costa Fortuna Cruises in March April 2021,( not covid related)

1 minute ago, drsel said:

This is a notice of cancellation of your add on shore excursions and other packages which you bought.

Its not an intimation of The Cruise cancellation or the FCC + OBC they are offering.

I have not received any email yet and my sailing is coming up in less than 30 days.

I think the words "due to the cancellation of your cruise"  is specific enough to mean the cruise is cancelled.

I agree it does not include what they might offer but I have already asked for a refund so don't really care what they might offer.

I think the words "due to the cancellation of your cruise"  is specific enough to mean the cruise is cancelled. I agree it does not include what they might offer but I have already asked for a refund so don't really care what they might offer. 

Yes of course The Cruise is cancelled.But those who ask for refunds have received payment after many months.I may just give Costa another chance and book 2 more Cruises.

Costa organised a very special party for our wedding anniversary in the Grand bar.

1 minute ago, drsel said:

Yes of course The Cruise is cancelled.
But those who ask for refunds have received payment after many months.
I may just give Costa another chance and book 2 more Cruises.

I might have as well but I don't see any that interest me in the next 18 months at a date we could go.  I have already moved 3 other cancelled trips to fill much of 2021 as Costa did not let us know in a timely fashion and still have one more to fit in. Maybe they will get cancelled too - who knows?

I hope you are able to find some great cruises.

Ok I finally received emails saying that I will get 100% FCC and 200 pounds OBC if I book another 7 night cruise (or longer) and 150 pounds OBC if I book another cruise up to 6 nights.

the OBC depends on the future Cruise you are planning to book and not the length or cost of the cancelled Costa Diadema Cruise

There is also a 100% refund option directly to your bank account.

• 2 weeks later...

So i rebooked via a voucher from Savona to Dubai in March 2022. This morning i have noticed that there are now no bookings available to the UAE on any dates on the Costa UK site. I have checked mycosta and my booking has disappeared, yet no info from Costa. I have also noted that there are no bookings now available to or within South America on any dates. 

So now i have 3 cancelled cruises, i think its time to give up and get my deposits back.

So i rebooked via a voucher from Savona to Dubai in March 2022. This morning i have noticed that there are now no bookings available to the UAE on any dates on the Costa UK site. I have checked mycosta and my booking has disappeared, yet no info from Costa. I have also noted that there are no bookings now available to or within South America on any dates.  So now i have 3 cancelled cruises, i think its time to give up and get my deposits back.

Thanks for the info Jerry.  

Costa smeralda from Abu Dhabi to Barcelona on 20 March 2022 is also missing from the Costa app as well as from the Costa UK website, but it is clearly seen when I log in to mycosta.com.

So I asked if this cruise has been cancelled and if so, kindly give me a full refund

Costa Smeralda, although still showing as active when I login to mycosta.com, has a completely different itinerary, going around Italy only.

Not from Abu Dhabi to Barcelona, which I had booked only a few days back.
No Middle East.

23 hours ago, gerryuk said:

So i rebooked via a voucher from Savona to Dubai in March 2022. This morning i have noticed that there are now no bookings available to the UAE on any dates on the Costa UK site. I have checked mycosta and my booking has disappeared, yet no info from Costa. I have also noted that there are no bookings now available to or within South America on any dates. 

So now i have 3 cancelled cruises, i think its time to give up and get my deposits back.

I presume you mean from Dubai to Savona Gerry. Checked my booking for March 19th 2022 and like Drsel see that it is now round trip Savona 22 days.   I guess we will wait and see what happens with Covid in 2021.

I rebooked last week on Fascinosa, from the cancelled April 2021 TA,  to Fascinosa Dec1st 2021 Barcelona to Guadeloupe and that is the same itinerary as last week.

20 hours ago, drsel said:

Costa Smeralda, although still showing as active when I login to mycosta.com, has a completely different itinerary, going around Italy only.

Not from Abu Dhabi to Barcelona, which I had booked only a few days back.
No Middle East.

Yes just checked. Completely different itinerary but not cancelled !!

Yes just checked. Completely different itinerary but not cancelled !!

but if you see the Costa UK website, there is no sailing for Smeralda in all of 2022.  

Else £659 + €190 service charges for a 19 night Cruise would be really cheap

So I phoned costa UK and asked for a full refund 

they confirmed that I will get a full refund for this Abu Dhabi to Barcelona Costa Smeralda Cruise

20 March to 8 April 2022 around Italy will be very cold, with shorter daylight hours for sightseeing.

I rebooked last week on Fascinosa, from the cancelled April 2021 TA,  to Fascinosa Dec1st 2021 Barcelona to Guadeloupe and that is the same itinerary as last week.

well well well, last week we also booked Costa Fascinosa from 21 November to 1st December 2021, a Barcelona round trip.

so we will hopefully meet you when we disembark.

3 hours ago, maryann2 said:

I presume you mean from Dubai to Savona Gerry. Checked my booking for March 19th 2022 and like Drsel see that it is now round trip Savona 22 days.   I guess we will wait and see what happens with Covid in 2021.

Yes Dubai to Savona, same as this years cancelled cruise, all this coming and going, i am confused. 

I was going to book the Fascinosa also to Guadeloupe yesterday, but i could not be bothered. If i get time tomorrow i will give it a go and book. I have done the Fascinosa the last 2 years to Buenos Aires and Rio last year, i like the ship. The Fascinosa was scheduled before covid to move to the Caribbean next year, anyway. So hopefully it will still go.  

2 hours ago, drsel said:

but if you see the Costa UK website, there is no sailing for Smeralda in all of 2022.  

Else £659 + €190 service charges for a 19 night Cruise would be really cheap

So I phoned costa UK and asked for a full refund 

they confirmed that I will get a full refund for this Abu Dhabi to Barcelona Costa Smeralda Cruise

20 March to 8 April 2022 around Italy will be very cold, with shorter daylight hours for sightseeing.

Just out of interest i received 200obc for earlier cancelled cruise and now this one is also cancelled, does my 200obc get added to my next cruise if i use voucher with another 200obc for this cancelled cruise? In other words will i receive 400obc if i rebook for 2 cancelled cruises?

Just out of interest i received 200obc for earlier cancelled cruise and now this one is also cancelled, does my 200obc get added to my next cruise if i use voucher with another 200obc for this cancelled cruise? In other words will i receive 400obc if i rebook for 2 cancelled cruises?

No, you will get only one OBC of 200 euros for your third Cruise in the future.

OBC cannot be stacked for both Costa and Carnival.

In Royal Caribbean only one FCC can be applied per guest for a future cruise and FCCs cannot be stacked.

Generally speaking, the OBC of the cancelled Cruise is not carried forward and also gets cancelled along with the cruise.

The new 200 euros OBC that you will get is for the second cancellation (Smeralda), which will be applied to your third Cruise

I have asked for a refund, because other than this Smeralda (from Abu Dhabi to Barcelona) and Costa fascinosa, I could not find any other Costa Cruise, the price of which was not highly inflated compared to the price before Covid.

And there are many much better deals on better Cruise lines like Carnival and MSC available.

MSC even has a 50% discount for healthcare workers for all MSc Cruises till 31 March 2021.
30% discount for healthcare workers for all MSc Cruises in April and May 2021.
10% discount for healthcare workers for all MSc Cruises from June to December 2021.

Norwegian has a 15% discount for all its cruises.