Need Review of Equinox Cabin 8252

njgirl

31 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well how confusing was this :classic_ohmy:....It's a bit easier to go by the key on RCI.....It should be easier to figure out these things.

Oh well too late to change now but I do thank you all for explaining this so I'll know next time. I think I'll enjoy what I have booked...great aft location for my British Isles July 2021 cruise (if we sail). Again many thanks.

The deck plan that shows the connecting doors is correct, but there are 3 different types of doors based on ships or location.

The more traditional connecting door you are imagining (like the ones in hotels) are mainly on the M Class ships and those are the ones we also try to avoid.

The particular location you asked about was at the end of hall so it's done as we described. 

The other style is located in most other areas of the ship and there is a set of double doors that are locked open when rooms are singles, but closed to the hall when rooms are booked connecting.  This really creates the porch Poffles referenced.    Here is an example of the typical mid-ship connecting doors on a S Class.  When they are connecting, the wood looking doors close and the door to the actual cabins is opened.  Both cabins keycards will open the door from the hall.  This is really a better option for those of us booking single cabins as there is a solid wall between adjacent cabins so no different than non connecting cabins.

S Class Connecting Closed.jpg

S Class Connecting Open.jpg

Edited by garyl62
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well how confusing was this :classic_ohmy:....It's a bit easier to go by the key on RCI.....It should be easier to figure out these things.

Oh well too late to change now but I do thank you all for explaining this so I'll know next time. I think I'll enjoy what I have booked...great aft location for my British Isles July 2021 cruise (if we sail). Again many thanks.

You're fine in 1669.  There will be little to no traffic back aft as 1/2 of the folks will be using the starboard side to get back aft, so I wouldn't be concerned in the least.  The only issue I've seen is the two S1's, one on the starboard side and the other on the port side.  The window washing machine blocks view from the side of the balcony.  On the other S-Class ships, the window washing machines are up on Deck 11 on the forward hump.

The set up they describe is similar to the Cat 6 on the Millennium Class where 3142 and 3144 (OV cabins) have their own entry door into that area.  It's not shown on the deck plans.  The outer door can remain open if the two staterooms are not used as connecting.  If they are connecting, you can keep the entry door locked with entry only with your seapass then the two inner doors can remain open to wander back and forth.  The only pitfall to this connection is the two attendant closets in that area.  One is a deep sink, and the other is for linen and supplies.

4 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

You're fine in 1669.  There will be little to no traffic back aft as 1/2 of the folks will be using the starboard side to get back aft, so I wouldn't be concerned in the least.  The only issue I've seen is the two S1's, one on the starboard side and the other on the port side.  The window washing machine blocks view from the side of the balcony.  On the other S-Class ships, the window washing machines are up on Deck 11 on the forward hump.

The set up they describe is similar to the Cat 6 on the Millennium Class where 3142 and 3144 (OV cabins) have their own entry door into that area.  It's not shown on the deck plans.  The outer door can remain open if the two staterooms are not used as connecting.  If they are connecting, you can keep the entry door locked with entry only with your seapass then the two inner doors can remain open to wander back and forth.  The only pitfall to this connection is the two attendant closets in that area.  One is a deep sink, and the other is for linen and supplies.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this info.....As I said I am usually an RCI (over 26+) cruises and this will only be my 2nd time on X..Last time I was on Eclipse in an A1 and didn't really care for that. On RCI we like the GS and above...so X confuses me a bit.