Transfer of 2 deposits of 2 cancelled Cruises

drsel

Today, Carnival cancelled 2 of my 3 Cruises booked using fresh cash.(not FCCs)

For my 2 cancelled Carnival Spirit Cruises, the 2 deposits paid by me in fresh cash are US $550 & $344

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of US $635

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?

2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?

3. Should I take a refund of $550 and transfer the other deposit of $344?

4. Carnival is offering Aus $900 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

Thanks in anticipation

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Today, Carnival cancelled 2 of my 3 Cruises booked using fresh cash.(not FCCs)

For my 2 cancelled Carnival Spirit Cruises, the 2 deposits paid by me in fresh cash are US $550 & $344

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of US $635

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?

2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?

3. Should I take a refund of $550 and transfer the other deposit of $344?

4. Carnival is offering Aus $900 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

Thanks in anticipation

These are all good questions and most are best answered by Carnival themselves, call them and get verification on points 2 and 4 and that may affect your decisions on the other queries.

As for 1 and 3, you are best placed to make decisions over your cash. Personally I would take all the cash and worry about the 3rd cruises final payment if and when it comes. (not sure when this cruise is going).

T Personally I would take all the cash and worry about the 3rd cruises final payment if and when it comes. (not sure when this cruise is going).
Carnival splendor in April 2021 from Sydney.
But I don't want to forfeit or waste the gifted 900 + 900 = 1800 Australian dollars

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

I found out that two OBCs, each of Aus $900, cannot be applied on one Cruise.
it has to be on two different Cruises

Perhaps get one applied and book something for 2022 with one of the other deposits, tough decisions to be made but really only you know what sort of risk you are willing to make and how much money you need to put down to receive the bonuses.

I found out that two OBCs, each of Aus $900, cannot be applied on one Cruise.
it has to be on two different Cruises

If you book a b2b cruise you’ll get $1800 OBC and if you can get the same cabin it’s better

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, drsel said:

Carnival splendor in April 2021 from Sydney.
But I don't want to forfeit or waste the gifted 900 + 900 = 1800 Australian dollars

There is a real risk that the Splendor cruise may not happen either. I don't expect cruising to start in Australia until later in 2021, especially cruises that visit non-Australian ports. You might want to think about doing the three cruises in 2022 instead.

There is a real risk that the Splendor cruise may not happen either. I don't expect cruising to start in Australia until later in 2021, especially cruises that visit non-Australian ports. You might want to think about doing the three cruises in 2022 instead.

I don't mind but my booking on Splendor in April 2021 has a non refundable deposit. 

I also have a Princess Sea cruise on 29 April which has an active roll call.

Will carnival allow me to shift it to a 2022 cruise and also give me $900 OBC?

15 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't mind but my booking on Splendor in April 2021 has a non refundable deposit. 

I also have a Princess Sea cruise on 29 April which has an active roll call.

Will carnival allow me to shift it to a 2022 cruise and also give me $900 OBC?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. You'd have to contact Carnival or wait until they cancel that cruise.

I doubt the Sea Princess cruise will go ahead either, especially if it's the one I think it is - Hawaii/Tahiti.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. You'd have to contact Carnival or wait until they cancel that cruise.

I doubt the Sea Princess cruise will go ahead either, especially if it's the one I think it is - Hawaii/Tahiti.
There's a Princess Saphire Cruise also sailing out of Sydney and Brisbane in April and May 2021

12 hours ago, drsel said:
19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There's a Princess Saphire Cruise also sailing out of Sydney and Brisbane in April and May 2021

There are still a few Princess cruises scheduled for early 2021, including the Pacific Princess cruise I'm booked on, but I don't expect any of them will happen unfortunately. And personally I think early next year is too soon to visit any international ports. I think it will take availability of viable vaccine for cruising to open up here. The governments won't allow it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There are still a few Princess cruises scheduled for early 2021, including the Pacific Princess cruise I'm booked on, but I don't expect any of them will happen unfortunately. And personally I think early next year is too soon to visit any international ports. I think it will take availability of viable vaccine for cruising to open up here. The governments won't allow it.

This is the problem, we may open some of our ports to cruise ships, but will our neighbours or other ports around the world? 

12 hours ago, drsel said:
20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Scheduled, hope it does happen, Sapphire is a nice ship, did Baltics and Scandinavia on her in 2018.

Scheduled, hope it does happen, Sapphire is a nice ship, did Baltics and Scandinavia on her in 2018.
Sapphire Princess has got a 5-star rating on a US online travel agent website.
Other Princess Cruises are mostly rated 4.5 star.

Even if a vaccine is available by March 2021 there is no guarantee that the Australian government will open its borders to overseas visitors immediately. They will probably wait until a reasonable percentage of Australians have been vaccinated. Even then the border may only be open to visitors from selected countries to start with.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Even if a vaccine is available by March 2021 there is no guarantee that the Australian government will open its borders to overseas visitors immediately. They will probably wait until a reasonable percentage of Australians have been vaccinated. Even then the border may only be open to visitors from selected countries to start with.

And it is  going to take many months, perhaps a couple of years to vaccinate the population of most countries.  Let alone Australia, imagine vaccinating India and China?  India had 96,000 new positive cases yesterday.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And it is  going to take many months, perhaps a couple of years to vaccinate the population of most countries.  Let alone Australia, imagine vaccinating India and China?  India had 96,000 new positive cases yesterday.

Exactly, that's why I think the border will only open to selected countries, and that will also restrict cruise itineraries.

Even vaccinating Australia has major logistical and other challenges.

First is getting the stuff made, transported, stored, etc.

Second, determining who gets what priority.  Plenty of debate. Limited supplies to begin, mean prioritising.

Third, an unknown, is whether more than one dose will be required and any timeframe between injections. Relates back to point 1.

Also relates to point 2, if more than one injection is required, do those with highest priority have to be dealt with before moving onto the next groups?

Four, how long does it take for the injection to work?  So, we get our annual flu injection, but it takes 4-6 weeks (I think) before becoming fully effective.

Five, if a certificate is to be issued, does that mean antibody testing will have to be done to ensure the injection for each person has been successful?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly, that's why I think the border will only open to selected countries, and that will also restrict cruise itineraries.

I agree 100%. Some of these poorer countries that the ships visit would not have the funds to purchase the vaccine and would be reliant on foreign aid, as they do now.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, drsel said:
4 hours ago, NSWP said:
I agree 100%. Some of these poorer countries that the ships visit would not have the funds to purchase the vaccine and would be reliant on foreign aid, as they do now.

Which countries are you referring to

South Pacific nations like New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and PNG along with the many smaller ones as well, like Tuvalu and Kiribati