It's Snowing - And the Northeast is Next!

wrp96

Well, I love the snow, although it is making it hard for me to concentrate on studying. It is made better by the fact that I leave for the Panama Canal two weeks from today!:D

I don't get how you can study for such a big test knowing that you're leaving on an awesome cruise right after it. I would NEVER be able to concentrate on studying!

And I'm so excited that we're getting snow!!!!!!! maybe its because I'm a 16 year old hoping for a snow day on Monday [which is probably not going to happen].

Checking in from freezing cold Connecticut:

Hmmm...I'll believe it when I see it. ;) So far this year we've heard "it's going to be a Nor'easter folks!!" a few times and haven't gotten much of anything. I think our biggest storm was about 6 inches or so. I have a feeling this might be our biggest snow storm this year but overall this has been a very mild winter. I could take one big snow storm and then spring :)

I really need to book another cruise to give me something to look forward to.

We are getting the cold front tomorrow night and the high for Sunday is 53!!! So, anybody coming down here for a cruise should be prepared (although 53 may not be cold for you). The low is 32 for Orlando on Monday a.m. and the news said that the last time Orlando hit freezing was January 2004! I can only imagine how cold it is up where all of you are!

Keep warm!

Even here in SW Fl it is cold! At least for us it is cold. Had to actually wear long pants, socks and a heavy sweater for our carport party tonight. We are in a mobile home so the heat has been on. Much cooler than last year! Sure don't miss the snow though!! Hope no one misses any flights to their cruise.

It is not suppose to hit the Boston area until tomorrow night. It has been a mild winter so I suppose we had to get it sooner or later. I would have prefered later. :D

We have been lucky this winter, but, I wish our luck could continue! Unless, of course, I was to get a snow day one day next week!!!!:)

If you can leave earlier, check with your airline about doing so. I checked a couple of websites and Delta, USAirways and Jetblue are already allowing changes without charges depending on date and city of travel. Might see if there is something earlier in the day on Saturday if you can make it?

It just started snowing here in Little Rock! Watch out those of you in the Northeast, we're sending it your way and it promises to be a doozy. Any of you scheduled to fly this weekend to cruises out of the Northeast might want to call your airlines and see about going early.

So it´s good that you are already in Italy right?!? ;) :p :D

Very pretty, looked like confetti not the blowing, freezing snow we are used to. I threw a bag of Halite to melt it all & this morning driveway is clear!

Today is Terminal Tower stair run, so I am off to do it!!!! Heard a woman won NYC's Emprie State Bldg stair run by 2.5 floors.......

We are to get snow in Maine tomorrow - Our grounds have been bare of snow for so long I have forgotten what it looks like - Unfortunately after tomorrow I will now remember again (sigh!) and won't know what spring even looks like until the end of April-May. My youngest son has been complaining as there have been no snow days this year ... poor child! Guess I been go grocery shopping today. Jan

The snow has just gotten to Memphis now from Little Rock...and we DEFINITELY don't have any milk or break left in the stores! People here aren't used to this and it creates havoc on roads and everywhere else. I'm sure those kids still sitting in school aren't doing anything right now but driving the teachers crazy!

Denise

It was coming our way and the newscasters gave the gloom and doom forcast of 3-5 inches by morning! I think they get a kickback from Kroger! Anyways, probably less than an inch on the ground here in the 'boro and just rain!

It is sunny and 29 degrees in southern Maine. The latest forcast is 12 to 16 inches of snow expected to start sometime this evening. Our lawn is bare and ugly brown; at least the snow will cover the bleak landscape. We are leaving for our first cruise on the Jewel in one week so let it snow as long as it is all gone when we get back. Saw a few maple trees being tapped yesterday so I know that spring can't be far away.:) Looking forward to a break in warmer weather.

As of last weather report here for Long Island we are going to get 8 - 12+ inches of the white stuff from Saturday afternoon 4pm ish until Sunday mid morning. Then the winds are going to pick up to be around 30 - 45mph. It's the winds that are worse than the snow. Why shovel/plow when it will go back to where it was before!:cool:

Dyanna, I see you live in Wantagh, come visit me, I work in the C21 by Hemingways!

We should have a LI CC meeting!

long island is supposed to get 12+...... and my daughter is in Orlando at disney with her class..Hope it is warm for them tomorrow.......

Florida is getting a cold snap tonight. We are quite a ways south of Orlando. Today it's 80 here. We hope to make 60 tomorrow.:eek:

It's been snowing for about 3 hours now and nothing on the ground but I know that's going to change. Around 11:30 the sun was out and shining and by noon it was cloudy, now as I write this and look out the window it's starting to come down heavier and the deck is starting to get covered, here it comes.:D

Debbie

Ok, so it has been snowing here for awhile and still nothing is sticking. Im sorry, but this is not a snowstorm - but then again I spent 6 years in Ithaca, NY. Maybe when I see some accumulation I will start to believe something. I just wish I was leaving on a cruise at some point in hte future that I could look forward to. The only thing making me feel better is that my parents just left for Florida and it is only supposed to be 55 or 60 there the next few days.

Can someone please deliver some snow during the week so I dont have to go to work because the schools are closed?!

Archived