O Life Air

GICNJC

We are looking for our air plans with Oceania.  62 days out and no info.

In the past it seems they were may by Oceania three to four months prior to boarding.  

I am asking to determine if this is another method to determine/consider if the cruise will be cancelled.

1 hour ago, GICNJC said:

We are looking for our air plans with Oceania.  62 days out and no info.

In the past it seems they were may by Oceania three to four months prior to boarding.  

I am asking to determine if this is another method to determine/consider if the cruise will be cancelled.

Have you called them?

Maybe under the circumstances  you will not  find out  until closer  to the sailing date

if they sail at all

Usually it is 45 days I believe  unless you do the deviation & then you know the arrangements  at that time

Also it has to be paid in full before they will ticket  you

JMO

On 10/8/2020 at 8:28 PM, clo said:

WHAT?????? Take the refund. PLEASE. Whew.

Well that's what you would prefer to do. You do realize that other people might have different preferences? 

This is what I've been trying to tell you, obviously to no avail. Please stop telling other people what they should think and do. 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Well that's what you would prefer to do. You do realize that other people might have different preferences? 

This is what I've been trying to tell you, obviously to no avail. Please stop telling other people what they should think and do. 

It's so funny that people will say that when it disagrees with what THEY want to do  🙂 I'm thinking in terms specific to the next year or two. If some of these companies go bankrupt.... And I was just reading that there's a rumor that China is thinking about buying the nearly bankrupt Hurtigruten cruise line. These are very unusual times.

In addition it's sounding like these FCCs may not be so great as the lines seem to be raising their fares.

I also believe that this board exists for people mainly to express what they think/feel/believe and that goes without saying.

3 minutes ago, clo said:

It's so funny that people will say that when it disagrees with what THEY want to do  🙂 I'm thinking in terms specific to the next year or two. If some of these companies go bankrupt.... And I was just reading that there's a rumor that China is thinking about buying the nearly bankrupt Hurtigruten cruise line. These are very unusual times.

In addition it's sounding like these FCCs may not be so great as the lines seem to be raising their fares.

I also believe that this board exists for people mainly to express what they think/feel/believe and that goes without saying.

As usual you're not getting it. First, I agree with you. I have cancelled all cruises that I had booked and got all monies back. I personally don't plan on booking anything until the cruise lines are back operating, with minimal issues. I'm not buying a product they can't deliver. 

BUT, 

I'm not going to make statements that infer someone is stupid because they want to either book a cruise or would prefer an FCC. 

Advice, opinions, beliefs etc. can be given by anyone at anytime, it's the way it's done that makes a difference. 

Of course if I was smart I'd put you on ignore like a bunch of others here have, but I'm not very smart. 

Perhaps a lot of this back and forth can be avoided with a few extra words such as the following:

1. "please consider"

2. "weigh your personal situation"

3. "discuss with your significant other or travel companion"

Unfortunately, most things in life (and cruising) are not "one size fit all".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UDSpud said:

Perhaps a lot of this back and forth can be avoided with a few extra words such as the following:

1. "please consider"

2. "weigh your personal situation"

3. "discuss with your significant other or travel companion"

Unfortunately, most things in life (and cruising) are not "one size fit all".

I think the nature of this beast implies those things. There aren't a ton of facts laid out there...and I love learning from those.

Edited by clo