Problems with refund

I am posting this hoping that someone may have some ideas regarding this dilemma.  I booked a cruise out of Galveston for April of 2022 on Allure.  That cruise was cancelled.  I requested a refund of my $500 deposit.  RCCL say that my credit card was credited on 8/02/2020.  My travel agent sent me an email with the aforementioned information and an internal number.  The email was originated in the Resolutions Dept.  I have not received the credit on my card.  Credit Card Company says that they never received the $500.

I have made numerous calls to both companies to no avail.  I am open to any suggestions you CC members may have.

Thank you.

Here is something I recently learned. Doesn't make sense, but what does now adays.

I was due a refund from Royal on my Chase sapphire Reserve. Let's say $500

I never saw the refund. When I say I never saw it, I mean I never saw a -$500 posted to my account when I looked,,, let's say on my current statement.

What the credit card company did, was that the original charge was in ,,let's say,,, January of 2020,,,,,, they back posted the credit on my past Jan 2020 statement even thought the credit was issued by Royal in October of 2020.

So, they did credit the account, I just didn't see it.

Another thing that I realized was that I "thought" that Royal had missed a partial refund for a drinks package because I could find that charge had been refunded.

Again, my mistake. Those charges were on my wife's card. Her card had been refunded that charge.

Edited by klfrodo

6 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Here is something I recently learned. Doesn't make sense, but what does now adays.

I was due a refund from Royal on my Chase sapphire Reserve. Let's say $500

I never saw the refund. When I say I never saw it, I mean I never saw a -$500 posted to my account when I looked,,, let's say on my current statement.

What the credit card company did, was that the original charge was in ,,let's say,,, January of 2020,,,,,, they back posted the credit on my past Jan 2020 statement even thought the credit was issued by Royal in October of 2020.

So, they did credit the account, I just didn't see it.

Another thing that I realized was that I "thought" that Royal had missed a partial refund for a drinks package because I could find that charge had been refunded.

Again, my mistake. Those charges were on my wife's card. Her card had been refunded that charge.

Thought was waiting on just one of 10 refunds from Royal as didnt see in statement activity but amount was removed from ongoing Balance. Can see how some miss it. Use different 2 cards now, now always shows in activity and also receive text message anytime amounts go up/down

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who replied to my not receiving a $500 refund on card.  I am still fighting the issue.  The Credit Card Co is investigation the problem.  If all fails, I will start letter writing campaign.

Sorry to be so late with my thank yous, but life continues to interfere.

Will post outcome (if and when).