How do I book 'Cruise Only' on Oceania?

GeorgesGal

Tried to book 'cruise only' on O just now, and can't figure out how to do it!  I clicked 'no air' and deleted optional perks, and the bottom line still came up with the same figure (the air fare was deleted, not the perks).  Doing single supp. I figured perks would cost me $1200. additional to doing cruise only.

Any ideas?  Of course, I forgot O is closed on weekends when I tried to phone them.

Thanks in advance,

Donna

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Tried to book 'cruise only' on O just now, and can't figure out how to do it!  I clicked 'no air' and deleted optional perks, and the bottom line still came up with the same figure (the air fare was deleted, not the perks).  Doing single supp. I figured perks would cost me $1200. additional to doing cruise only.

Any ideas?  Of course, I forgot O is closed on weekends when I tried to phone them.

Thanks in advance,

Donna

Maybe the SS is 100%  so the cruise only fare  will be the same

Just guessing

Maybe just book it if you want a certain cabin  then call Monday & fix it

Times like this is when you need  a good TA 😉

On the first page of the specific cruise listing, there is "O Life w/air" and "Cruise Only" fares. If you select O Life, the next page let's you pick with/without air. The difference in price is the value of the air credit.

Then, the difference of the O Life without air price is the same as the Cruise Only price (on the first page) minus the SBC perk value of the O Life price.

The value of O Life is really significant only if you select the tours option and book the most expensive of the allowable tours. The booze perk can have value depending on your consumption.

Thank you both for your explanations, LHT and Flatbush. But things still don't compute in my brain.  Yes, the single supp. is 100%, price without air for one is $10,398 (without air for two is the same at $5199 pp).  Latest brochure cruise only pricing $4748 pp which amounts to approx. $450 difference.  This brochure is showing the usual OLife choice of 6 excursions, Bev. pkg. or $600 obc., any of which would amount to more than the $450 price difference.

Here's the rub:  I'm basically paying the price for two persons as outlined above, BUT with OLife on the supp. only 3 excursions, Bev pkg or $300 obc are offered.  Also, the port charges which are wrapped into O's pricing dynamic are not reduced when singles cruise.

Am I missing something here?  Is my brain completely addled?

Thanks for listening,

Donna

1 minute ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thank you both for your explanations, LHT and Flatbush. But things still don't compute in my brain.  Yes, the single supp. is 100%, price without air for one is $10,398 (without air for two is the same at $5199 pp).  Latest brochure cruise only pricing $4748 pp which amounts to approx. $450 difference.  This brochure is showing the usual OLife choice of 6 excursions, Bev. pkg. or $600 obc., any of which would amount to more than the $450 price difference.

Here's the rub:  I'm basically paying the price for two persons as outlined above, BUT with OLife on the supp. only 3 excursions, Bev pkg or $300 obc are offered.  Also, the port charges which are wrapped into O's pricing dynamic are not reduced when singles cruise.

Am I missing something here?  Is my brain completely addled?

Thanks for listening,

Donna

maybe the online booking software does not remove the O life perk  when doing the  cruise only fare

i would call O tomorrow  & sort it out

I think you may be right that the port fees/taxes  are not removed  but  maybe someone who books  solo will comment

42 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

maybe the online booking software does not remove the O life perk  when doing the  cruise only fare

i would call O tomorrow  & sort it out

I think you may be right that the port fees/taxes  are not removed  but  maybe someone who books  solo will comment

OR Oceania has decided to make O Life SBC w/o air a slightly better deal ($150 in this case) than "cruise only."

As for the other perceived SS loss (e.g., 3 tours instead of 6), remember that Singles mean all sorts of lost revenue regarding onboard purchases. You've paid their cabin fare but nothing else. So Oceania probably "takes it out in trade."

Just off the phone with O, placed a hold on the cruise I was looking at - 6-25-2021, Marina - with the full $600 obc, as well as the additional $100  for elite status.  Waiting to hear from Michele re port charges reduction.  Will keep you posted.

It's nice to have some things turn out in your own favor, isn't it?  

Donna

3 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Just off the phone with O, placed a hold on the cruise I was looking at - 6-25-2021, Marina - with the full $600 obc, as well as the additional $100  for elite status.  Waiting to hear from Michele re port charges reduction.  Will keep you posted.

It's nice to have some things turn out in your own favor, isn't it?  

Donna

What is Elite status?

When do you get that?