Switching to Solo

IRMO12HD

I had booked a cruise for April 2021; my DH has said he doesn't want to go, but that  I should go ahead and go.  I'm planning on doing so, but was wondering about the ins and outs of deleting a passenger from a reservation (it's with NCL).  Final payment isn't due until December, and so I'm wondering if I should change the reservation now (having only put down a deposit), recognizing that I'll pay double the cruise fare, but won't have to pay his port fees/taxes, beverage and meal charges, etc?  Or should I make the full final payment, and then cancel his spot in the reservation and get a refund?  My initial reaction is to make the change now, but was hoping to hear from others who have done the same thing, or who had different experiences.

2 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I had booked a cruise for April 2021; my DH has said he doesn't want to go, but that  I should go ahead and go.  I'm planning on doing so, but was wondering about the ins and outs of deleting a passenger from a reservation (it's with NCL).  Final payment isn't due until December, and so I'm wondering if I should change the reservation now (having only put down a deposit), recognizing that I'll pay double the cruise fare, but won't have to pay his port fees/taxes, beverage and meal charges, etc?  Or should I make the full final payment, and then cancel his spot in the reservation and get a refund?  My initial reaction is to make the change now, but was hoping to hear from others who have done the same thing, or who had different experiences.

Triple post??

8 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Triple post??

@farmersfight, I apologize if it appeared as a triple (or quadruple) post; it appears to have resolved itself, but just after I posted it (just one time), my browser (Chrome) started acting up and I had to try to log back in to CC.  It took three tries, and as many password reset attempts, so perhaps that's why it showed up as a multiple post.

1 hour ago, IRMO12HD said:

@farmersfight, I apologize if it appeared as a triple (or quadruple) post; it appears to have resolved itself, but just after I posted it (just one time), my browser (Chrome) started acting up and I had to try to log back in to CC.  It took three tries, and as many password reset attempts, so perhaps that's why it showed up as a multiple post.

No worries, @IRMO12HD. Just had me scratching my head a bit when I saw the multiple posts. Stuff happens, lol. Looks like the CC host or moderator deleted the duplicate posts. Have a great Sunday!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, IRMO12HD said:

I did not see anyone giving you input.  In most cases you are going to pay double no matter what you do.  I would clean it up now so you are not dealing with trying to get a refund for taxes and fees.  You will never pay more than the double,  if they have a sail for the second person, say 60% you will only pay that supplement.  I have had where the online booking could not handle it but every time I call they give me the cheapest rate.  The one positive is you get double the loyalty points and do not have to put up with someone snoring next to you.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, IRMO12HD said:

If the rate has gone up usually it's best for him to be a no show.

If he is a no show then after the cruise they will refund his port fees and taxes to the card thatmpaid them. 

If rates went up and you delete him, often they reprice the booking to current. Often times it's best to do nothing. Speaking from experience. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, firefly333 said:

If the rate has gone up usually it's best for him to be a no show.

If he is a no show then after the cruise they will refund his port fees and taxes to the card thatmpaid them. 

If rates went up and you delete him, often they reprice the booking to current. Often times it's best to do nothing. Speaking from experience. 

Have you had any complications if your previously booked person was a no show?  

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Off topic

Basenji56, I just have to say I love your “handle”. I have lived in Liberia, where Basenji dogs are native. We had a Basenji while there. A very distinctive look - Thx for the memories!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Off topic

Basenji56, I just have to say I love your “handle”. I have lived in Liberia, where Basenji dogs are native. We had a Basenji while there. A very distinctive look - Thx for the memories!

I would love to see basenjis in the wild.  My current basenji is descended from recent African imports!

On 5/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, basenji56 said:

My niece had to cancel last minute one time and I went alone with her being a no show. They refunded my taxes, port fees, and prepaid gratuities while I was on the cruise.  Easy peasy.

• Like 1