Review of Transatlantic Cruise Barcelona to Buenos Aires Celebrity Eclipse

DavietheScot

This is a review of a great Transatlantic cruise we did on the Eclipse from Barcelona Spain to Buenos Aires in Argentina with a sail across the equator and a stop in Rio

http://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2020/11/review-of-celebrity-transatlantic.html

Edited by DavietheScot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

This is a review of a great Transatlantic cruise we did on the Eclipse from Barcelona Spain to Buenos Aires in Argentina with a sail across the equator and a stop in Rio

http://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2020/11/review-of-celebrity-transatlantic.html

Great review and pics!  Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Great review.  i, too would like to know the date of your sailing.  We boarded in BA on Mar 1 thinking we were going to be on there to Vancouver.  I'm sure you know the San Antonio to San Diego leg and on to Vancouver were cancelled.  It was a mess at the beginning and I feel very sorry for those who flew to Santiago only to be told to go home.  At least the folks who were supposed to disembark in San Antonio got a free cruise (no ports) to San Diego.  We were all very well looked after by Celebrity.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Great review.  i, too would like to know the date of your sailing.  We boarded in BA on Mar 1 thinking we were going to be on there to Vancouver.  I'm sure you know the San Antonio to San Diego leg and on to Vancouver were cancelled.  It was a mess at the beginning and I feel very sorry for those who flew to Santiago only to be told to go home.  At least the folks who were supposed to disembark in San Antonio got a free cruise (no ports) to San Diego.  We were all very well looked after by Celebrity.

@TeaBag - we were supposed to be on the 03/15 sailing Santiago - San Diego...

It wasn't meant to be - followed along on the journey your group had.  Take Care!

13 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

Glad you liked it and hope your snow is not to bad. 

@DavietheScot - 24" snow in 24 Hrs...

22 hours ago, lienf said:

We did this cruise in 2018 but I didn’t notice a date on your posting. It seems like the same cruise and it brings back memories. Thanks for posing. 

Neil

Hi Neil you are correct this was December 2018 so looks like we were on the same cruise. 

16 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

Hi Neil you are correct this was December 2018 so looks like we were on the same cruise. 

It was a fabulous cruise which we may do again sometime. We spent a few days post cruise in Buenos Aries and loved it. 

Neil

17 hours ago, lienf said:

It was a fabulous cruise which we may do again sometime. We spent a few days post cruise in Buenos Aries and loved it. 

Neil

We did the same, stayed on in Buenos Aires then visited Iguazu Falls and back to Rio again. Agree with you it was one of the best cruises we have done. 

On 11/10/2020 at 7:09 AM, zanderblue said:

Hi Davie,

thanks for posting. 

We were on same cruise and reading your review has brought back some great memories.

Rio was on our bucket list and for us it was the highlight of the trip.

Glad you liked it, and agree with you its was a great cruise and like you Rio was a highlight in fact its now one of my favourite cities to visit.

9 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

We did the same, stayed on in Buenos Aires then visited Iguazu Falls and back to Rio again. Agree with you it was one of the best cruises we have done. 

We did Iguazu on the front end and I would say it was the highlight of the cruise.