2022 Alaska/Denali cruise tour Noordam vs. Nieuw Amsterdam

CRu1853!!

Looking at cruises just released for 2022 and trying to decide between the two ships. We have been on the Nieuw Amsterdam for 3 nights during an Alaska/Yukon tour and we really liked her.

We have never been on the Noordam. We are looking at either Signature or Neptune suites. 
I am just interested in people’s opinions and I know we all have differing ones 😃

Thanks

We’ve spent a lot of time on both ships and would choose the NA.   By now the Noordam has probably finally had a update.  We had a beautiful Neptune wrap around on the NA and a signature on the Noordam the last time.   The Noordam is older and was definitely showing its age a few years ago. 
Not to mention that one of our favourite restaurants the Tamarind is only on the NA🥰  

We did an Alaska Cruise Tour onboard the Noordam. Agree she was showing her age. We had an Aft Wrap Neptune that we totally enjoyed. We spent most daylight underway hours on that huge rear facing deck, just enjoying the scenery and the view of the wake. We were never very cold unless we ventured to the side deck where the wind would hit us. We were on deck 8 and never had any problem with noise other than the day we were in Glacier Bay but we were also out on our deck so the noise didn't bother us as we were making just as much noise!

I would recommend doing the land first and spending at least two nights in Denali. 

We did the 11d day land/sea on the Noordam in a wrap around Neptune in July/Aug 2019.  We were in 8140.  The deck allowed lots of views of the wonderful Alaskan scenery. We are glass 3/4 full folks and did not notice any wear on the ship.  We had a great time.  The 3 nights in Denali were great also.  It was our first time in Denali and our only negative was the hotel at their lodge because the temps (and daylight, 22 hours) were very hot and needed the windows open and fan in the window.  If my only complaint was too hot in Denali, I guess the trip was wonderful.  Our only other cruise to Alaska was a 14 day rt on the Veendam for our 25th anniversary.  We were on the NA once, but it was in the Caribbean.

Whichever ship you choose, enjoy your land/sea to Alaska!

typo

Edited by PigsCanFly