Caribbean Princess and Sky October 2021

Whimsy

9 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Can you / did you get the princess ship board credit for medical professionals and first responders?

I would think Princess would be over-joyed to have cruisers who have been vaccinated!

Both me and my husband (who is a doctor) were approved by SheerID for the credit but somehow they did not get this info to Princess so now our TA is trying to sort it out.

• Like 1

This thread should be cross-posted here, as originally shared by above user:

I also noticed a slight bump in available itineraries to book and couldn't think of which ship was affected without going through every single one. 

Interesting that they're considering an October British Isles cruise---will be quite the rainy voyage. The new 15-day transatlantic is also interesting (rarely offered by Princess), but the variety of islands it's visiting is sort of cookie-cutter. 

Also, did we finish theorizing on Caribbean's blank schedule between November 6 and 20? My first thought was a short dry dock but that timeline seems too short to be unrealistic and I think the company would have also anticipated that long ago (meaning the original Caribbean 2021 schedule before these changes likely would've reflected that), since dock bookings are coveted.

Not to put a damper on all this, but the BBC is reporting that continental Europe is closing its borders to people movement because of the new strain of faster transmission of COVID-19.  First discovered in SE UK last week, it has been identified in the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria and Israel.  No word on whether any of the prophylaxes cover this migration strain.   All BBC is saying is that it will require further study.