Enjoy this ornament a bartender on the Crown made for us

CineGraphic

Last February we spent 10 days on the Crown, and Reynaldo was usually the bartender at the Outrigger Bar, which is one of our favorite places to hang out.

One day, while we were enjoying a bottle of champagne, Reynaldo took the foil, and the muselet, which is the wire and cap that hold the cork in place and  made us this turtle ornament to remember our time with him.

We put up our tree today, and it was really nice to see all of the ornaments we've picked up in various ports. It was a nice reminder of how much we miss cruising and the wonderful folks who take care of us while on board.

I know that the holiday season can be tough for some of us, so if Reynaldo's little turtle can bring a smile to this grumpy old man's face, I hope that it can do the same for you too.

IMG_6134.JPG.3f7506cca0bbe22f2ee195715372e1fb.JPG

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2020 at 8:00 AM, lljost said:

We have also been lucky enough to have cruised with Reynaldo a couple of times and received one of these turtles. Love your idea of making it an ornament for our tree! 

Reynaldo really is a wonderful man. We spoke about his dream of opening a karaoke bar in his village. When I suggested that he call it "Do Re Mi", as a play on his name, he couldn't stop smiling.

I hope that he and his family are all safe & healthy.

Not only is he a good bartender, but he's also excellent at loss prevention.

Here he is trying to stop me from snatching a bottle of rum 🙂

IMG_5211.JPG

• Like 4

I LOVE this!  What a great turtle.  Thanks so much for sharing. 

We always try to pick up a Christmas ornament from the places we visit - the more "primitive" or homemade/authentic, the better.  Our tree is certainly not a decorator's idea of a sophisticated presentation and we just do one tree, but we love it.  We really enjoy seeing them each year and makes us smile.    

• Like 1