Celebrity FCC/travel agent ???

newsycruiser

Celebrity/travel agent future cruise credit question...... Our May, 2020 cruise was cancelled by Celebrity, and we opted to take the 125% future cruise credit which we have not yet applied to a future booking.  Has anyone had their travel agent's commission deducted from their fcc?

1 hour ago, newsycruiser said:

Celebrity/travel agent future cruise credit question...... Our May, 2020 cruise was cancelled by Celebrity, and we opted to take the 125% future cruise credit which we have not yet applied to a future booking.  Has anyone had their travel agent's commission deducted from their fcc?

I don't know if it was my TA's commission, but I had applied the FCC to a cruise (which has since been cancelled) and it was paid in full. Well, we thought it was until about a week before when final payment would have been when my TA pulled the account just to make sure and suddenly I owed about $200 (not exact, I don't remember the exact amount). She immediately called Celebrity, even going up to a manager, and all they would say is "We had miscalculated the FCC". I trust my TA and feel like she would have told me if they had told her it was her commission, but doing a quick mental run of the numbers reading this, I do think it might be that exact thing - they took her commission out of it. Which, given they had earlier said that if we took the FCC they would get their commission on the cancelled cruise and not said it would come out of the FCC, is really deceptive - both for us and for the TAs.

Even before I'd seen this possibility, I opted to convert it to a refund when the cruise I'd spent it on was cancelled - that was primarily because as a solo traveler I'm not impressed with Celebrity's new pricing (absolutely not fair that we have to pay for TWO beverage upgrades and TWO internet upgrades, etc.) and am likely going to be done with them after the summer 2022 cruise I'm using the FCC from a NRD on a cruise I cancelled (complicated, but it was the higher of the deposits I had going and since you're only allowed to use one FCC per cruise, I'd rather use that and get the full cruise FCC refunded). I was suspicious about why they would not honor the previously emailed amount, even if it was their mistake - taking my TAs commission (be assured, I do NOT begrudge her getting a commission - she 100% deserves it - but it should be up to the cruiseline to pay it, not me as the client) makes sense numbers-wise, and then calling it "our error in calculating it" is not cool.

2 hours ago, newsycruiser said:

The TAs commission has nothing to do with FCCs or cash refunds. 

I believe if Celebrity cancelled a paid in full cruise the TA got paid the commission.   I think the issue is when the FCC is applied to the new booking the FCC amount is deducted from the line item "Cruise Fare" which is what the TA commission is based on (minus the non commissionable cruise fare).

Prior to Covid I had a cruise cancelled by Celebrity and my TA assured me that he did get paid the commission on the full amount including the FCC so my OBC from him was his standard amount (FCC was about 1/2 the cruise fare).   Others on the same cancelled cruise rebooked on the same replacement cruise said their big warehouse store TA's reduced their OBC.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't know if it was my TA's commission, but I had applied the FCC to a cruise (which has since been cancelled) and it was paid in full. Well, we thought it was until about a week before when final payment would have been when my TA pulled the account just to make sure and suddenly I owed about $200 (not exact, I don't remember the exact amount). She immediately called Celebrity, even going up to a manager, and all they would say is "We had miscalculated the FCC". I trust my TA and feel like she would have told me if they had told her it was her commission, but doing a quick mental run of the numbers reading this, I do think it might be that exact thing - they took her commission out of it. Which, given they had earlier said that if we took the FCC they would get their commission on the cancelled cruise and not said it would come out of the FCC, is really deceptive - both for us and for the TAs.

Even before I'd seen this possibility, I opted to convert it to a refund when the cruise I'd spent it on was cancelled - that was primarily because as a solo traveler I'm not impressed with Celebrity's new pricing (absolutely not fair that we have to pay for TWO beverage upgrades and TWO internet upgrades, etc.) and am likely going to be done with them after the summer 2022 cruise I'm using the FCC from a NRD on a cruise I cancelled (complicated, but it was the higher of the deposits I had going and since you're only allowed to use one FCC per cruise, I'd rather use that and get the full cruise FCC refunded). I was suspicious about why they would not honor the previously emailed amount, even if it was their mistake - taking my TAs commission (be assured, I do NOT begrudge her getting a commission - she 100% deserves it - but it should be up to the cruiseline to pay it, not me as the client) makes sense numbers-wise, and then calling it "our error in calculating it" is not cool.

This is interesting as I also had an "error" in my allotted FCC which was about 200 pp deducted from my FCC when I went to use it.

The $200 amount is interesting.  Was your cancelled cruise a NRD by any chance?  Did their system mistakenly apply the $100 pp penalty?   That would be their error and should be rectified by them.

Calculating FCC isn't rocket science.  It should be the total paid minus anything refunded like taxes/fees, prepaid gratuities.

Edited by wrk2cruise