what happens with OBC if 2nd cancellation happens?

lindya

Our 4/2019 cruise was cancelled (Covid) and with the $300 OBC, we rescheduled to 4/2020...now it appears that will be cancelled as well...does anyone know what will happen to the OBC? does it carry over to another reschedule ?  anything additional offered to anyone who has had a second cruise cancelled by Carnival?

5 minutes ago, lindya said:

Our 4/2019 cruise was cancelled (Covid) and with the $300 OBC, we rescheduled to 4/2020...now it appears that will be cancelled as well...does anyone know what will happen to the OBC? does it carry over to another reschedule ?  anything additional offered to anyone who has had a second cruise cancelled by Carnival?

Every time they have offered the same incentive to rebook, based on length of the cruise in april when it gets cancelled. No the old obc doesnt carry over. I had a $100 obc booking incentive and it went away and new $50 booking incentive took its place, so I went from 800 to 750.

It will be based on the length of the current cruise, less than 6 days, $300, 6 days or longer $600 obc.

1 hour ago, lindya said:

Our 4/2019 cruise was cancelled (Covid) and with the $300 OBC, we rescheduled to 4/2020...now it appears that will be cancelled as well...does anyone know what will happen to the OBC? does it carry over to another reschedule ?  anything additional offered to anyone who has had a second cruise cancelled by Carniv i

I had a cruise for last March (my 50th anniversary cruise) cancelled we rebooked for this March, if someone else doesn't have the answer I'll let you know as soon as they cancel this one ( it's an 8 day one so I'm almost positive it's going to be cancelled). 😢

49 minutes ago, pe4all said:

We have had 3 (6 day)  cruises cancelled.   Each time we re-booked our $600 obc carried over to the next booking. 

Technically the old 600 obc drops off and replaced by new 600 obc. 

Only matters if the op booked 5 days or less and got 300 as they said, and the rebooking was for 6 days or more, then they would get 600. 

I've had three cruises cancelled.  When they cancel a cruise, they completely cancel it.  For me, I lost all OBCs.  However, when I rebooked another cruise using whatever new promo rate I could at the time, I got a $600 OBC bonus for rebooking the cancelled cruise.  When that cruise was cancelled, wash, rinse, repeat.  

The OBC did not carry over, but they offered a new OBC bonus for rebooking the cancelled cruise.  I had to rebook at a new promo rate, but I could roll over all of the money I paid for the cancelled cruise to the new cruise.  It was actually a very easy process all three times.  I predict my April cruise will be cancelled and I have an August one to roll over everything into that one should I need to do that.  I hope the April cruise will sail, but I am prepared if it does not.

Edited by TNcruising02