Blizzard Of 2006! Who's In It???

Puddles

Hi from Bedminster, Pa (about 30 N. of Philly, close to Quakertown, Doylestown) We really got hammered too. Looks like about 14" and still snowing. Walt was out playing with his new snowblower and now has to go get the loader to do the driveway. Love the snow but hear to today, gone tomorrow is also great. Just got off the Radiance 2/5 and we're booked b2b in Dec. on the Radiance again. Hummmm, might be able to squeese one more in before then, but not untill Oct. Mimi (wife of a boozebrother)

I'm on Cape Cod and the wind is howling so bad, I keep hearing thumps outside and praying the solar panels don't fly off my roof! Looks to be only about 6" of snow so far but there are higher drifts all around - can't see too well out the windows at times though. Thankful to have electricity, cable and internet still though! We cruise in 6 days and since we're stranded indoors, we are going to pack our little hearts out today! :D

Hi All:

We are in it, here in Tiverton RI, south east part of the state along the coast. Heavy bands of snow coming thru right now, we have all been spoiled this winter with the mild weather so far. The stores were packed yesterday everyone buying milk & bread, a tradition that started here in southern New England during the blizzard of 78, for those of you that remember. With all the snow that is flying around there are Robbins all over the yard frezzing there butt's off. This will all be gone by the end of the week, a warm up is comming! Well must start to plow the drive way and clean the cars the wife has to work today.

Hi I'm from RI. They are forecasting away between 16 inches to 24 inches of snow before the storm is over. It is snowing like crazy and here and it keeps on coming. We leave in six days for San Juan yeah!!! If anyone is going on the AOS on 2/19 why not sign up for the meet and mingle, we have a great bunch of people going on this trip and would love to meet more!!!!

Barbara

We're here on the eastern coast of Canada in the province of New Brunswick and we are waiting on the storm. We are under a heavy snowfall warning with high winds. It should hit us some time later this afternoon. I can't wait to be on our cruise. Three weeks from today we will be in Naussau. I know we're not going to be hit as hard as some of you but it is our first real storm of the year and I'm crossing my fingers for a snow day tomorrow. :-)

Well speaking for a midwesterner who is usually the one stuck in the snow, all I can say is, "MISSED ME! MISSED ME! NOW YA GOTTA KISS ME".. Ok it was dorky but so what.

Seriously it stinks to be stuck and I hope everyone is keeping warm.

Checking in from Falmouth on Cape Cod. Wind blowing over 30mph with Gusts over 45 mph. Not sure of snow amount as it is blowing and drifting but probably 8-10 inches thus far.....more to come.

The bad news is I'm here. The good news is 6 weeks until I cruise.

We are in Stamford, CT, which is in the Southwestern part of the state, almost to New York. We have at least a foot - hard to tell exactly how much with the wind blowing around. My DH has been out 3 times already with the snowblower.

This is exactly why we vacation during the April break - I'd be a total basket case if I had to try to get out of New York (no one leaving from the airports any time soon!).

Traderguy - we are on the 4/16 AOS sailing - there is a roll call, but it's not a very active one.

Robin

ok, having a hard time generating any sympathy for 53!

24 degrees here in Brooklyn and about 18 inches on the ground, still snowing!! All three airports are CLOSED.

but the schools will be open tomorrow and the subways will be running so we won't even get a snow day out of it.

With 2.5 feet Monday and I plowed 4 times in 13 hours, was very glad to find Halite for $1.98 a 25# bag since I spread it on the sidewalk, driveway & stairs to melt anything thinking of falling on it. Last night 3" came down & it is still snowing out there, 2 bags of Halite in 2 days & I am winning! 3 days til MAUI!!!! My neighbors love it when we leave as they get 50 degrees which they will see Weds & Thurs.

Archived