Blizzard Of 2006! Who's In It???

Puddles

We're in it but can't head anywhere! We live in Rockland County, New York. We have about 12 inches of snow so far and it looks like its not going to stop for awhile. I hear the snowplow coming through right now to plow me into my driveway so I can't get out. Good day to stay in and watch some movies.

Raising my hand here in DC Metro burbs (still snowing and have about 12 inches so far but tapering off).

Most flights in/out of Wash-Dulles, Reagan-National, and Balt-Washington cancelled since yesterday evening.

Leaving next month for Splendour for the Western Caribbean.

Sitting at home, 12 inches of snow.

Due to board the Majesty of the Seas tomorrow 2-13-06.

Flying out on American Airlines....oh, geez..I am doing a lot of praying today.

Any know if the flights will be cancelled tomorrow.

Just getting started here in Connecticut. (by just getting started I mean we have somewhere between 6-8 inches and still coming down fast). They are predicting about 2 feet when all is said and done.

Not going anywhere unfortunately...trying to plan our next cruise but don't have one lined up yet. I can't wait until I can get my countdown clock going again :D

I just got back from the Jewel yesterday...had a 6:45pm flight but stood standby for three earlier flights. Third time was the charm and got out by 3pm...touched down in PHL at 6:15pm, was back at mom's house by 9pm, was back at my house in north Jersey by 11:30pm. Luckily the snow was just getting started...it was snowy but very little traffic. I'm glad to be home (though not pleased at the 12+ inches outside my door) and very, very glad not to be stuck anywhere in between!

Best of luck to anyone trying to get out today!

Cheers,

Esther

We recently remodeled our entire basement and I went with a totally tropical theme for such a time as this! (we live in Massachusetts and people think I'm loca...very anti-New England decor). We've got palm trees, largo furniture....just need to throw some sand on the floor and we're there!

SEVEN MORE DAYS..................

Hi. We live in South Attleboro, MA. Just about 10 min. north of Prov., Rhode Island. It's downright nasty outside...........a perfect day to stay in and PACK for our upcoming cruise on the Princess Sun on 2/16!!!!!! Yup, just 4 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! We're flying into FLL Wed. morning though. Should be there by 10 a.m. to enjoy the sunny mid 70s day they are expecting!!!! I can't wait.............

Sue

Just sitting here on the computer on MARTHA'S VINEYARD watching the snow go sideways ---DREAMING OF THE CARIBBEAN--- we are just starting to get the worst of it suppose to last all day----drink coffee and think of those tropical breezes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Seaside2358

Where in lancaster County. I am also in Lancaster County, Narvon. Snow here is high too. Still in my Pjs with my coffee getting things done around the house. My oldest son and my DH went for bacon an hour ago,they have me a little woried. I am sure he is fine though. He is a truck driver and just loves to play in this stuff.

As for me it makes me count the days to sailing even more. Its pretty to look at.

Wel DH is here!!!

Gotta get the bacon and eggs rolling.

Hello Folks, we're hoping the snow is staying in the Mass area (sorry folks). We're sopposed to get it later today - so far nothing - we don't have any snow on the ground at all - it's been a really strange winter. The weathermen are saying the storm might only graze the coast after it leaves Mass but still we are gearing up as the weathermen are more often wrong than right. This one looks to be a biggie if it does it us.

Will sit here and read the boards and dream of Hawaii - we leave May 7 for two weeks on the Radiance.

Only about three inches here in southern NH so far, but the snow is beginning to mount up fast. We are just north of the area expecting blizzard conditions, but the storm still looks quite intense to me. I guess Mother Nature does not recognize the meteorologists' boundaries.

Central CT here. Snow started falling Sat. night around 10:30. I walked out to the street to get my newspaper earlier and the snow was over the tops of my boots. Next cruise is not until mid April but we leave for WDW a week from Monday to watch my DD's high school Symphonic Band perform at EPCOT. Let's hope this doesn't happen again NEXT weekend.

Hello,

I live in Southeastern MA. I am on the Vision of the Seas and supposed to leave next Saturday for a Sunday cruise. The Vision is having propulsion problems. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that RCCL fixes the problem before next week. I need to get out of this Blizzard. The blizzard does give both my hubby and I time to pack. The snow is six inches and still climbing.

ML

Archived