Blizzard Of 2006! Who's In It???

Puddles

To all of you Lancaster, PA people - I'm in western Chester County and am sitting with 21 inches here. It stopped a few hours ago so that's as high as it's going to get. The wind is still blowing it around.

Did you get the thunder snow in the middle of the night? We had thunder and lightning while it was blizzarding. Pretty awesome!

I'm just east of Hartford, CT, and it looks like we have about 18"+. DH is out shoveling, told me to just stay put. The snow blower starts...and then stops!! ARGH!!!

We just booked the AOS on 9/17 for our 1st anniversary so we're looking forward to that!! We have a quick trip to CA in May though, so that's a lot closer!!

Cold and windy here in Sarasota (50..I know we're wimps!)

Really feel for anyone trying to get anyplace today.

My mother is off Rte 91 in Western Mass..will check in with her later for a weather report!

I think I just shoveled two feet of snow. I needed to lose some weight for my cruise the end of March so every bit of exercise helps.

LOL! That was our attitude this morning. We decided to shovel the neighbors' driveways and sidewalks for the aerobic exercise.

Probably have about 5" so far here in central New Hampshire. They have plowed a few times already--we expect about 10" by the time it's all done. Cold and windy too! The only thing that keeps me in a good frame of mind is our cruise on the Voyager in 12 days! Can't wait...checked Ocho Rios temp yesterday it was in the 80's, Cozumel and Grand Cayman were in the mid 70's. As long as it's not snowing there I'm happy!

Keep warm everyone!:)

We are in Stamford, CT, which is in the Southwestern part of the state, almost to New York. We have at least a foot - hard to tell exactly how much with the wind blowing around.

My brother in New Jersey is thinking about driving up to Stamford tonight after the snow stops for pizza at The Colony. He figures he'll have no problem with his 4WD Jeep but I'm sot sure if it will be open when he gets there.

We are in Dracut, MA in the Merrimack Valley. We have over a foot of snow and it is still coming down. We cleared the driveway and plowage an hour ago, but will have to go back out again when the snow stops. There are lots of plows driving around our neighborhood as well as snowmobiles.

We're booked on Legend of the Seas for 2/25/06.

Sandy and Wayne

I'm SO sorry that we sent it all your way. It started here in Arkansas and we got maybe an inch. Just remember bend with your knees and not your back when you are shoveling. We don't want any people with unfortunate back injuries from shoveling snow. Remember bribing the neighbor kids (or even better your kids) to shovel for you is what this nation is all about.

Just north of Boston here 3:30 PM and at least 1 foot out there. We are expecting 15 - 20+ and it probably will not stop until this evening. Have not even put my nose outside. We will have a plow here later tonight to clear out and they will shovel us out as well for the walk and stairs.

I am on the side of a hill that faces NW through NE. We are getting hit hard. Just heard on the weather that the last of the "heavy snow bands" is now passing through.

Our trip on Explorer is not for another 151 days. Talk about "can't wait".

If you live in the Northeast then you're probably stuck in today checking Cruise Critic posts. Tell us where you and are where you're heading! Just one week from today we're OUTTA HERE! Yes!

Small world I worked with a guy from Lancaster. What a lovely town!

I'm 20 minutes outside Boston and it's still snowing. FTLOG will it ever stop :(

Just came back in the house after shoveling a second time today. Here we are on Long Island; just a week ago we were in San Juan -- oh why couldn't we get stuck last week (LOL). We now have about 2 feet of snow with 3 foot or more drifts in some areas. It looks like it's finally stopping, and doesn't seem I'll be getting to work tomorrow (aw, too bad for me). This will give me more time to plan my next cruise! All the best to everyone. Be careful shoveling.

I just got home from work actually and have not shoveled a single thing yet as i left for work at 6 :( In Lowell we have roughly 17 inches thus far. Was not expecting this much :eek:. Our cruise on the Norwegian Dawn is looking sooo good right now, but it is still 3 months off, what will i do!!!!!!

If you live in the Northeast then you're probably stuck in today checking Cruise Critic posts. Tell us where you and are where you're heading! Just one week from today we're OUTTA HERE! Yes!

We have until April as you can see.

Lucky you to be leaving next week. Looks like rain on Friday luckily will be too warm to cancel flights next weekend.

Buried in New England.

We're here in the middle of this blizzard, just north of Providence. We have about 20" on the ground and the wind is still blowing! Looks like the snow is finally winding down here. I'm not sailing anywhere soon, but was on the Sovereign a few weeks ago. Hope everyone in the storm is safe and warm.

I'm just outside of San Antonio, Texas. It's 64 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! Baahaahaahaahaaahhaahaahaa!!!!!!! :cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist! I DO feel really bad for all of you on the East Coast. I live in Iowa and am in Texas for business. I think we will get at least one good storm yet this year.

Archived