Blizzard Of 2006! Who's In It???

Puddles

Teresapink I am here in Huntington not far from you. Glad this is finally over. It seems that we going to have warmer weather by wed. Hope all of this melts soon. The kids here had a 2 hour delay but I was surprised to see that Half Hollow Hills had school today. Normally we close schools with just a few flurries.

Duchess...we had a 2 hour delay here also and we ALWAYS have a full day even in a blizzard...this district hates to miss a minute of learning! I have friends that live in the village in Huntington...their kids go to the Huntington school district.

I'm glad we can finally get about easily though. I have a lot of shopping to do for this cruise 4/8/06 VOS......;)

Have a great trip I know you are looking forward to getting out of this L.I. weather. Hopefully by then we will be a little warmer then now. April is nice time to go cruising & if your flying out the weather should be good. Did you hear about all of the delays on the LIRR today? It took my neighbor's husband 3 hours to get into the city this a.m.. YUCK! Who knows how long it will take him to ger home tonight. Did you hear that some passenger's were stuck for 3 hours today on the LIRR? Can you imagine I would of lost my mind!

I was on the LOS during the blizzard. Talked to the Capt. and the reason we had wind and rain in Costa Maya and Belize was due to that storm. He told us it extended all the way to Panama and then became stationary. We had 12 foot seas. Still better than being home in CT shoveling!

Have to add this. On the 12th of Feb we saw a very tan, dressed in shorts group of 14 arrive at our "park & fly" hotel. They had been in Jamaica. Their flight to the East was canceled, stranding them at Chicago O'Hare.. We later saw a couple of them in the elevator with 5 cases of beer for 14 people. We know how they celebrated.

Archived