Blizzard Of 2006! Who's In It???

Puddles

I'm in Newark, Delaware and we have about 11 inches of snow. It appears to have stopped now but the wind is supposed to kick up soon making matters worse. I don't plan to go anywhere today, so that's okay! My whole house is decorated in a palm tree motif, so regardless what it's like outside....inside is always tropical!!! :D

Howell NJ.....I don't know how much but its A LOT probably going to end up with 12 or more---

next trip is the Explorer of the Seas from Bayonne NJ 5/19.

trying to talk the Husband into the Crowne Princess for Thanksgiving week.....currently booked on Freedom of the Seas but 1. too expensive 2. don't want to do Western Carrib again

Central Maryland checking in. Well it looks to be about 12 to 18 inches out there. The kids are out playing, and I only see the dogs head and tale. Well how else would you spend your birthday.:eek:

We don't leave until Dec for our Enchantment cruise, so I have alot longer to wait then any of you:( .

Hi everyone! I'm in Brooklyn and am in 16" so far. It's going strong and now they are talking about a band of snow coming that's snowing 2-4" per hour!! :eek: I hate winter!! I'm leaving for warmer climates in December which just seems so far away, but it's a lot to look forward to. Stay warm, everybody!

Berwick Maine checking in. The snow is coming down hard and blowing sideways. We have about 4" on the ground and it is piling up fast. Our bird feeders are busy this morning and quite colorful with blue jays and bright red cardinals. We leave on the Jewel next week so we will make the best use of today by packing and having warm and green thoughts.

Moxie99 - The snow is on its way to you. Does your name make reference to the soft drink?

Blizzard conditions here in Beverly Massachusetts. About 12" so far. And it doesn't look like it's stopping. Dreaming of our cruise in May! I hope everyone is well!!! I wonder how many missed their cruise today because of Airport closings! I hope they have insurance..

Live from Queens, NY:

We're looking at 15 inches and lots more to come. As I look out of my window, I see huge, mothball sized snowflakes falling, swirling around in 20mph winds. My God, it is beautiful! Especially from in here where it's warm. ;)

A winter wonderland (for now).

I'm feeling quite blessed to be inside, with the house fully stocked with food and supplies, the heat and electricity working, and knowing the snow blower is gassed up and ready to go.

Mayor Bloomberg has just admonished us New Yorkers that the law requires us to have sidewalks cleared within 4 hours of the end of the snowfall, so I'll be out there sometime this afternoon playing in the snow.

I hope all cruisers from the Northeast got out to make their ships this weekend. For those of us in the midst of it, enjoy the storm and enjoy planning your cruises. :)

Sitting here in El Cajon [san Diego County] California, the sun is shinning, probably be about 85 degrees like yesterday.:)

I really hate you right now! :D

Delaware here...very untypical snow. Thank goodness we dont leave until October. This was the weather I wanted to leave when we were cruising in January, instead it was 60 degrees :eek: . Go figure. Hope everyone makes their air flights and happy cruising.....raise a drink and think of all of us snow bunnies while you are sunning in the caribbean:D .

Here in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania, my husband just came in from running the snowblower and said we only got four or five inches. Early yesterday they were calling for us to get nine to twelve, but then the storm shifted. Guess we got lucky this time. We're used to big storms.

All of you getting hit hard, stay warm! All of you leaving for your flights, leave early and drive carefully. Best of luck!

I am in Mass., looking at all the snow piling up, but dreaming of our cruise. We also leave a week from today on the Jewel. So...I will spend today packing and being very thankful that I was not to fly out today! The snow does not seem as bad when I know that I will be in the sunny Caribbean in just seven days!

Archived