NCL Joy Family Suite (SP) Bed Configuration

ashkramer8

I have watched several videos, reviewed pictures, and conducted web searches but am coming up short on an answer...

Has anyone stayed in an interior 2-bedroom family suite on the Joy? These were called concierge suites previously.  If you stayed in this suite type, can you tell me if the second bedroom that has a standard configuration of one twin bed and a pull down bunk can also be configured to have two twin beds pushed together to create a queen?  It appears there would be enough room to do this, but I am looking for definitive information.  I posed the question to my travel agent as well but am awaiting her response.

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, ashkramer8 said:

I have watched several videos, reviewed pictures, and conducted web searches but am coming up short on an answer...

Has anyone stayed in an interior 2-bedroom family suite on the Joy? These were called concierge suites previously.  If you stayed in this suite type, can you tell me if the second bedroom that has a standard configuration of one twin bed and a pull down bunk can also be configured to have two twin beds pushed together to create a queen?  It appears there would be enough room to do this, but I am looking for definitive information.  I posed the question to my travel agent as well but am awaiting her response.

Thanks!

I may be missing something here, but if the second bedroom has one twin bed and a pull down bunk, then there aren't going to be two twins to push together.

17 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

I may be missing something here, but if the second bedroom has one twin bed and a pull down bunk, then there aren't going to be two twins to push together.

I think the OP is asking if a second floor-level twin could be brought in to make a larger floor-level bed...

@ashkramer8

So if it's category I4, then it would appear while there is room there's no bed to join. NCL would have to bring in a rollaway which I'm not sure they have or do. The built in furniture in the room would make it pretty tight.

You might have already seen this video but if not I thought it gave a pretty good visual of the entire suite. 

It'll be very interesting to hear what your travel agent finds out. Please post when they get back to you.

2 hours ago, mtrancher said:

@ashkramer8

So if it's category I4, then it would appear while there is room there's no bed to join. NCL would have to bring in a rollaway which I'm not sure they have or do. The built in furniture in the room would make it pretty tight.

You might have already seen this video but if not I thought it gave a pretty good visual of the entire suite. 

It'll be very interesting to hear what your travel agent finds out. Please post when they get back to you.

Thanks for this, I think I've watched ALL the videos at this point! The reason I was even wondering is because in the comments section on of the videos people asked a similar question and the TA implied that it would probably be possible, but so far I haven't come across anyone saying they actually did it themselves.  My TA got back to me and said we could certainly request a second bed, even if it was just a rollaway, but obviously it's not guaranteed.  I actually wouldn't mind sleeping on the top bunk, just trying to get all of information I can before making a decision.  

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

• 4 weeks later...

We have stayed in the concierge inside suite on the Joy.  You would have to request a roll away bed which I don't believe they will allow as it would exceed the cabin occupancy.  My parents slept in the main bedroom, my husband and I the living room couch and my stepson on the twin bed and my daughter on the drop down bunk bed.