Princess Pricing

Barry ATL

We have a Caribbean Princess cruise booked for 11/28.  I booked with the assumption that for us this is a cruise to nowhere.  We don't care about the ports or if we even get off the ship.  So, this cruise appeared to be a good deal.

I have been stalking the pricing for similar cruises on other lines in the Nov-Dec 2021 time frame and Princness seems to always come up cheaper (when you include the perks).

Carnival is currently offering a drinks included price for similar cruises, but that price is more than Princess with no gratuities or wi-fi included.  To top it off, the ships are not nearly as nice or have not long in the tooth since the last refurb.  Point being the parent company is charging more than Princess.

Looking at Celebrity prices makes me want to close the browser.  They are sky high.

So, I am only watching this time frame in the Caribbean.  Are others seeing this as a pricing trend with Princess?  Is everybody getting deals?

Edited by Barry ATL
  • Like 1

NO ONE has even a clue WHEN cruising will resume... and under what circumstances.

It will then take YEARS  for the market to establish new supply and demand curves. 

You will most likely STILL be able to spend as MUCH or as little as you want.

Right now there are 14 night transatlantic cruises available for $600pp or LESS.

There are also 10 night cruises for $13,000pp... and everything in between. 

Princess pricing will be a microcosm of the above examples. 

Edited by teecee60

Looking at a balcony cabin the fares are in line or as low as they used to be. The Best Sale Ever adds $40/pp/day to the no frills fare, a nice value and includes hotel gratuities, premier beverage package, wifi, cabin location upgrade, one specialty dining/pp. Considering the daily gratuities are right around $15/pp/day (varies by cabin), the net extra is really only around $25/pp/day. A few alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees and soft drinks per day and you break even without counting the value of the wifi which when purchased is around $10/day. The premier beverage package covers drinks menu priced a $12 and under which is around 90 to 95% of all drinks offered on board, plus the package also covers the beverage gratuity. No extra gratuity per drink.

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Looking at a balcony cabin the fares are in line or as low as they used to be. The Best Sale Ever adds $40/pp/day to the no frills fare, a nice value and includes hotel gratuities, premier beverage package, wifi, cabin location upgrade, one specialty dining/pp. Considering the daily gratuities are right around $15/pp/day (varies by cabin), the net extra is really only around $25/pp/day. A few alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees and soft drinks per day and you break even without counting the value of the wifi which when purchased is around $10/day. The premier beverage package covers drinks menu priced a $12 and under which is around 90 to 95% of all drinks offered on board, plus the package also covers the beverage gratuity. No extra gratuity per drink.

For us, we will use all of the extras included in the Best Sale Ever.  So, I shopped Carnival (I know, does not really compare in experience), and their prices with were higher with just the beverage package included.

For us, a factor that comes into play is our preference on cruise lines.

We certainly have not cruised as much as many of CC members, but we

have been able to determine our line of choice- Princess