Booking new sailing with FCC as deposit

How can I book a new sailing using my FCC as the depost? I thought I've seen that you can and it gives me the option to enter my FCC information but it still asks for a credit card. Is this just to hold the reservation? 

The FCC is more than the deposit amount so its not that it needs a card for a balance. Does anyone know how to book online?

12 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

How can I book a new sailing using my FCC as the depost? I thought I've seen that you can and it gives me the option to enter my FCC information but it still asks for a credit card. Is this just to hold the reservation? 

The FCC is more than the deposit amount so its not that it needs a card for a balance. Does anyone know how to book online?

You have to call in order to use a FCC for the deposit. 

if you try it online and put the card number in you will be charged and Royal will not refund your deposit despite having an FCC. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you still have to pay upfront for taxes and port? I tried to book online with FCC that came from and previous deposit. It input all three of our credits but said we owed $117 each for tax and fees. I know you can't use FCC for those charges but I didn't really want to give RC any more money right now.

17 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Did you still have to pay upfront for taxes and port? I tried to book online with FCC that came from and previous deposit. It input all three of our credits but said we owed $117 each for tax and fees. I know you can't use FCC for those charges but I didn't really want to give RC any more money right now.

Taxes and fees would only be due by final payment. 

4 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Then we should call because that's not how it comes up online.

Anything you book on line will always require some kind of payment by credit card., whether it’s for the deposit or just the port fees and taxes depending on the amount of your FCC.  If you want to do it without paying cash you have to call.