Friends with Royal Caribbean Crew

kandj05

2 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Hello, crew member here 👋

The only non essential crew I know who have had an LOE are those who are now on Quantum or those who have needed to update documents, and once those documents are updated that LOE goes. 

Royal have told us in their newsletters that that would be the case so not unexpected for now. 

They also have said those that go back first will be those with the least travel restrictions and those from countries with low covid numbers. So I'm not going anywhere soon even with my vaccination 🤣🤣

Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge.  

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There was an AP story in the paper today that was very favorable about the Sputnik V, and many EU countries have begun authorization. 
The study and recommendation came from The Lancet medical journal. They quoted a 91% efficacy rate, and “far superior performance” to Chinese candidates. 

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the more vaccines the better. We just have to be careful about the policies we endorse... SAGA's restriction, as an example, requires passengers to get a vaccine approved by the EMA (if I remember correctly). Not highly likely they would ever see the need to approve the Sputnik vaccine or sinovac anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the more vaccines the better. We just have to be careful about the policies we endorse... SAGA's restriction, as an example, requires passengers to get a vaccine approved by the EMA (if I remember correctly). Not highly likely they would ever see the need to approve the Sputnik vaccine or sinovac anytime soon.

The EMA is in the process of approving Sputnik now. 

28 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The EMA is in the process of approving Sputnik now. 

I don't think an application has been submitted, though when I was checking up on that I saw a recent article suggesting what you're implying: it seems the EU is warming up to vaccines from the East. Good news all around, and hopefully the application gets submitted soon.