Friends with Royal Caribbean Crew

kandj05

Are you friends with any of Royal Caribbean Crew? Besides the Quantum staff,  has any staff you know mentioned receiving a date to return to work on the ships yet?

I know 3 restaurant staff and they have not heard anything yet

It might be some time off yet.  NCL is repatriating the crew they had already started moving toward the US to crew ships.  If that's any indication...

I should add that if Royal plans to require crew to get the vaccine before serving on a cruise with paying passengers, those crew are likely going to need to get the vaccine in their home country.  Many of those countries are going to be behind Europe and North America when it comes to getting the vaccine.  I think I heard that once the J&J vaccine is approved it is one that can be easily produced in facilities in India that have a large capacity so the possibility of them being able to get a vaccine will increase considerably.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

NCL has repatriated its crew that were hired a few months ago.  Not a good sign.  In the following article, they point out that test cruises have not started since the cruise lines are waiting for instructions from the CDC.  Not looking good at all.  

https://www.cruisehive.com/does-ncls-crew-repatriation-mean-bad-news-for-everyone/46516

6 hours ago, celebrity said:

Am I missing something here? 
What is funny about people being unemployed? 

Not funny folks are unemployed, it's funny that people think they know what's going on. 😉

Apologies to those that think they do, but truthfully no one knows anything lately. And that's a fact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Several people on these boards had 'friends' get letters to come back last fall.😉🤣🤣

The past year has been surreal in so many ways. Just when you think life will get back to normal if you quarantine, wear a mask or get the vaccine - things change again. Now, one year later we may need to wear a mask or two even after we are vaccinated. It does make me wonder if things will ever get back to normal, but at some point if the ships are allowed to sail the crew has to come back first.

• Like 1

I also saw this today on Twitter. Surreal, but not a surprise.  I guess the crew onboard are acostiymized to the empty feeling and for Nick it is a fresh experience. 

5C498A16-60B3-465F-9992-1EFE92FADC12.thumb.jpeg.f4ea9608d60610c802d0b952b9b2e2a1.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Didn’t NCL just send home crew from ships they thought would be sailing in the near future? Tends to make me think sailing is not happening for a while yet. 

Yes, NCL had started bringing crew West and is now in the process of repatriating them.  Some speculation is that this is being done to allow them to get vaccinated through programs in their home country.