Friends with Royal Caribbean Crew

kandj05

On 2/3/2021 at 7:40 PM, texmex.ferr said:

This has been posted on You Tube today

We love watching Chris' Vlogs... we were glad to hear he is rejoining a ship but disappointed to hear he is not returning to Oasis of the Seas. 

17 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I wonder what business he had onboard yesterday. 🤔 She’s scheduled for dry dock this spring and won’t be restarting before the European season.

Sometimes you just want a Kummelweck.

• Haha 3

On 2/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, irishgal432 said:

I think he was on Independence.

He was also on either symphony or oasis.  I am a big fan, but have anxiety about meeting people, but DH made me go up and talk to him 🙂. He is the nicest guy!  I just can’t remember which of the last 2 cruises it was...

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

He was also on either symphony or oasis.  I am a big fan, but have anxiety about meeting people, but DH made me go up and talk to him 🙂. He is the nicest guy!  I just can’t remember which of the last 2 cruises it was...

Someone posted earlier that he previously worked on Independence, Mariner,  and Oasis. I believe this is correct. I met him on Mariner.

52 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Someone posted earlier that he previously worked on Independence, Mariner,  and Oasis. I believe this is correct. I met him on Mariner.

Yes, those are the ships he was on.  He joined Oasis in November/ December right after her drydock and went home from there with the pandemic. 

On 2/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, CruisinMenika said:

My friend got her contract.  She will be going to Mariner of the Seas, but not until July

This is one of my guesses about what ship might start cruising first.  3 and 4 nighter and they could limit the port(s) to Coco Cay.  I would guess RCI would keep Mariner homeported in Port Canaveral.  

On 1/29/2021 at 8:07 PM, hallux said:

It might be some time off yet.  NCL is repatriating the crew they had already started moving toward the US to crew ships.  If that's any indication...

I should add that if Royal plans to require crew to get the vaccine before serving on a cruise with paying passengers, those crew are likely going to need to get the vaccine in their home country.  Many of those countries are going to be behind Europe and North America when it comes to getting the vaccine.  I think I heard that once the J&J vaccine is approved it is one that can be easily produced in facilities in India that have a large capacity so the possibility of them being able to get a vaccine will increase considerably.

I'd imagine most of their home countries will probably be supplying one of the recent Chinese approvals or the Sputnik regimen (though I think the Chinese ones are both inactivated virus vaccines and easier to store).

24 minutes ago, lizzius said:

I'd imagine most of their home countries will probably be supplying one of the recent Chinese approvals or the Sputnik regimen (though I think the Chinese ones are both inactivated virus vaccines and easier to store).

In August, 2020 Novavax announced a license agreement with Serum Institute of India for the commercialization of their Covid vaccine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I wonder what business he had onboard yesterday. 🤔 She’s scheduled for dry dock this spring and won’t be restarting before the European season.

I hope she does start her summer season but I can't see Barcelona port opening for a while yet. We are booked for 23rd May and really hope it goes ahead but after 6 cancellations so far I don't really believe it will

Hello, crew member here 👋

The only non essential crew I know who have had an LOE are those who are now on Quantum or those who have needed to update documents, and once those documents are updated that LOE goes. 

Royal have told us in their newsletters that that would be the case so not unexpected for now. 

They also have said those that go back first will be those with the least travel restrictions and those from countries with low covid numbers. So I'm not going anywhere soon even with my vaccination 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GarlicBread said:

They also have said those that go back first will be those with the least travel restrictions and those from countries with low covid numbers. So I'm not going anywhere soon even with my vaccination 🤣🤣

Thanks for the first hand feed back. I remember you posting last year, but can’t remember home is for you. You were in IT/Production if I remember correctly.

Stay safe and I hope you will be back at it sooner than later. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lizzius said:

There was an AP story in the paper today that was very favorable about the Sputnik V, and many EU countries have begun authorization. 
The study and recommendation came from The Lancet medical journal. They quoted a 91% efficacy rate, and “far superior performance” to Chinese candidates.