Some parts of Cruise With Confidence extended

wrk2cruise

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence#flexible-cancelations

If looks like some parts of CwC have been extended to bookings made before April 30, 2021 on sailings departing now through May 4, 2022.  Lift and Shift is no longer part of the program.

Here is the start of the T&C.   So it looks like you can still cancel up to 48 hrs prior to departure and get FCC and get OBC for price drops after final payment as long as your sailing is prior to 5/4/2022.

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before April 30, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise; or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence#flexible-cancelations

If looks like some parts of CwC have been extended to bookings made before April 30, 2021 on sailings departing now through May 4, 2022.  Lift and Shift is no longer part of the program.

Here is the start of the T&C.   So it looks like you can still cancel up to 48 hrs prior to departure and get FCC and get OBC for price drops after final payment as long as your sailing is prior to 5/4/2022.

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before April 30, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise; or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date.

Am I reading this correctly? We can do "fake bookings" up until 48 hours prior to our "next" sailing and if there is a price drop after final payment we can get (I'm guessing nonrefundable) OBC posted to our onboard account for any cruise fare difference? Cool!!

Update: But then I read this confusing "highlighted" entry on the website: 

What You Should Know

You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing. For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment. Bookings made after January 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

That’s not the way I read it.  If the price drops after final payment one receives nonrefundable  OBC for the difference.  Where do “ fake booking come in.  You book, pay in full, price drops $200, you board the ship and have the $200 price drop as OBC N.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That’s not the way I read it.  If the price drops after final payment one receives nonrefundable  OBC for the difference.  Where do “ fake booking come in.  You book, pay in full, price drops $200, you board the ship and have the $200 price drop as OBC N.

I'm guessing you have to call your PVP or TA to get the price difference applied as OBC, and the only way you're going to know there is a change in your cabin category is if you do a fake booking. I find it hard to believe X will automatically post any price reduction in OBC to every applicable onboard account who's cabin category had a price drop. But, I could be wrong. I'm guessing the term "opt in" is the key phrase here. 

@jelayne has it right, however you do have to still call to get the "reduction/OBC", it's not automatic.

I did see what @kenthecruser pointed out but I think that's just a leftover from the date change today.  Go to the bottom and look at the T&C and it clearly says book by 4/30/2021.

The key is it only applies to sailings up to 5/4/2022.

Earlier this week I tried to move a NRD deposit sailing from June this year to Oct 2022 with the $100 pp admin fee waived.  No dice as new sailing was outside 5/4/2022.  So outright cancelled and got $100 pp FCC (it was a $200 reduced deposit onboard booking).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

@jelayne has it right, however you do have to still call to get the "reduction/OBC", it's not automatic.

I'm curious, is there some other way besides doing a "fake booking" for someone to find out if there has been a price drop in a particular cabin category other than to do a fake booking? I'm also assuming the applicable cabin category cannot be sold out prior to requesting the OBC reduction.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There used to be a good price tracking site but that hasn't been useful lately.  Doing fake bookings on Celebrity or TA site is how I've been doing it.   Sold out categories certainly wouldn't qualify.

Sadly, it’s been a long time since that site worked. (Well before the pandemic.). What a shame, because it was such a great resource.