Tiki Dave

retrembl

16 minutes ago, retrembl said:

Tiki Dave and his wife used to entertain on Hawaian Cruises out of LA on the Star Princess.

Now that the Hawian Cruise out of LA will be on the Grand. Does anyone know if Tiki Dave will entertain?

I have sailed with Elua on different ships & believe they’re primarily on whatever ship sails from LA to Hawaii.

Here’s the link to their Facebook page where you could communicate with Dave & Leialoha. There’s info about hula & ukulele activities with them.

https://m.facebook.com/Eluamusic

• Thanks 1

Dave and Leialoha are keeping themselves busy in Hilo.  Like all other crew members, they are working hard at making it through this no-cruise year.  

Dave does a Wednesday concert on Facebook and ukulele play alongs on Friday (Facebook).  Zoom play alongs on Saturday.  Sometimes entertains on Sunday too.  He has become very involved with zoom sessions with multiple ukulele groups.

Leialoha is busy crafting and teaching hula via Facebook on Friday afternoons.

Any support from their fans is appreciated.  Post here and I will forward it via email to them.  I don't feel comfortable posting others' contact information online.

If you need a fix, google YouTube Tiki Dave.

Renee

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

Aloha Kakou!

This is Tiki Dave, of Elua. To answer the original question, whenever Hawaiian cruising starts again on Princess, we will happily continue instructing and entertaining on these cruises. At this point, no one can say when that will bet, but as soon as we know, we will post it on CC and on our FB pages, www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic and www.facebook.com/eluamusic.

There are currently four couples who fill the role of Hawaiian Ambassador, and Princess tries to be equitable in their assignments, so I cannot really say if we will definitely be on one ship in particular...although, Princess has always assigned us to the Los Angeles run, (usually by our request). I can't really say if this will be true going forward, but Leialoha and I certainly hope so.

As Renee said in another post, we are trying to stay busy, keeping our hands in performance, teaching and creating. Leialoha is quite busy with her Kini Kreations, making Hawaiian themed items like guitar/ukulele straps, dog collars/leashes, doll clothes, and of for these time, of course, masks. She also teaches a virtual hula class once a week on Fridays on Facebook done as a livestream...that is at www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic 

I am currently hosting ukulele play-alongs on my FB page on Fridays, and also a Zoom ukulele session on every other Saturday. We usually have 200+ people playing, and it's been a ton of fun. I also do two online performances a week, one on Wednesday and on on Sunday. These are called The Shaka Shack. I play some Hawaiian music, but tend to lean on trop rock, reggae, island themed music and some classic rock. It's been a great way to keep my chops intact and entertain people as best I can in these trying times.

Leialoha and I know how much people missing cruising, both to Hawai'i and all the other itineraries. We know that cruising will be back again, we, like all of you, would love for it to be sooner than later. Please stay safe everyone, and we look forward to seeing many of you on another wonderful Princess cruise very soon!

Aloha Nui!

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic 

• Like 9