Cruise Mode!

Texed

Does everyone else get in "cruise mode" prior to sailing? Man, I get useless! I am 19 days away from sailing on Constellation, and I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I usually don't drink much at all except on a cruise. I usually drink ice water at home. Heck, I want a Margarita, or uncork some wine.

Am I going into cruise mode too early?:eek: Does everyone else go through this? Am I the only one that gets so excited that all I can do is think about my cruise. Am I the only one that tells everyone I know " Just 19 more days". ? I hope I am not alone.:confused:

At any rate, I feel better now.:D

Ed, you're not the only one...I still have another 79 days until we're on the Connie. I found that if you STAY in cruise mode, then you never have to experience cruise withdrawals...a terrible illness to recover from...so have that margarita, and uncork your wine...

Karyn

... runs about 4 months. I have been thinking about our 4/1/06 Galaxy cruise almost nonstop since early December. It's some special kind of obsession, since until rediscovering cruising three years ago, I enjoyed vacations but never thought about them this way! (Perhaps because we seldom booked them so far in advance ...) -- TR

Ed, I'm always in cruise mode.:eek: From the time I get off of the ship, I start thinking and planning the next one. As the days get closer, I get more and more excited and everything suffers, the housework, my job, my social life (all I want to do is talk about cruising).:rolleyes: I think this is called an addiction. I'm sure glad I have it.:D Now pass the margaritas which is the drink I always have at sail-away.:D :D

Garry

Working a trade show this past week, still 60+ days away. My boss and I drove everyone else with the company nuts....all we did was talk cruises.

I get home, I watch that countdown clock tick off another day.

All tours booked, pre hotel booked, everything done.....neighbors avoid ever mentioning vacation.

Have antoher booked for Thanksgiving and have picked out the one after that.

Jim, I TOTALLY understand. We are two couples that cruise together. My partner, Ken, and Tammy's husband, Dave could care less about the planning. Tammy and I spend hours and hours via email and phone planning the cruise.

In september we are planning our first ever 14 day vacation. It goes like this:

9/8 - Arrive Vancouver BC for one night stay

9/9 - Summit for seven day inside passage

----- While on the Summit we are booking a private whale watching tour with a gormet lunch.

9/16 - Arrive in Vancouver for two nights. One of those days will be a trip to Victoria

9/18 - Island Princess for a three day repositioning cruise to LAX.

9/21 - Arrive in LAX and fly home.

We are still working on the planning so we can get it just right. We have a wonderful TA who has been sooooooooo patient with us. Anways.... when we really go on a planning binge we finally have to stop because we start dreaming of sitting on deck in a lounger with a poolboy bringing us drinks. :)

If I don't have another cruise planned, I don't know how I would live. Right now I have 3 planned. When I am on Constellation this March, I will book another. My friends are beginning to think me strange. That is why I like coming here where people understand my cruise obsession:) The only thing wrong with all these cruises booked is that I can't remember where I am going on what cruise. This is a problem I am willing to live with. Pat

9/16 - Arrive in Vancouver for two nights. One of those days will be a trip to Victoria :)

Barry, we did a post stay in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise and booked with a wonderful tour company if you'd like his name. We were met at the ship, took a 1/2 day tour ov Vancouver and then the next day toured Victoria and Buchart Gardens. If you'd like the tour company's name, email me (it's in my signature below) and I'll be glad to share with you.

Six more weeks and I'll be on the Summit.:D :D :D

Garrry

Ed - AS you can see you're definitely not alone. I've got 10 more weeks before my next cruise and I'm already obsessed! I've been planning shore excursions, booked a rental car, booked pre-cruise hotel. I'm spending way too much time on Celebrity's web site looking at bon voyage gifts and on these boards just talking about any cruises! One of these days my boss will figure out what I'm up to, but until then I'll keep at it!

Terri

We have been in cruise mode for a few weeks now Ed. Just think less than three weeks we will be sailing together!! We are serioulsy thinking about booking Constellation again when we get on board for next March doing a 10 nighter. We might even book the cruise that Garry and Bob are doing. My folks are sailing with them March 26 to Hawaii! Funny, what a small world it is.

Counting down till we taste your famous Margarittas!! :D

Does everyone else get in "cruise mode" prior to sailing? Am I going into cruise mode too early?

-- We have been thinking about our next cruise for 2 years, and finally booked it (Baltic, Constellation, Aug.06) two weeks ago. We have been checking these boards etc. for some time though. It is all part of the mental preparation.

I am a hyper person, and the only time that I notice, instantly, that I relax is when I step on the ship. On our first cruise on Century, we had a couple of hours on board before sail time, and we just sat and watched the harbour activitiy from the back deck outside Islands Cafe; I could not believe how relaxed and happy I was and the cruise had not even started. Last day on the ship I am almost depressed, as I do not want it to end.

Do I think about cruising a lot? You bet I do! Is it ever too early to go into cruise mode? I don't think so! Half the fun of any vacation is in the planning stages and in the anticipation. ENJOY! :D :D :D :D :D

Ed - AS you can see you're definitely not alone. I've got 10 more weeks before my next cruise and I'm already obsessed! I've been planning shore excursions, booked a rental car, booked pre-cruise hotel. I'm spending way too much time on Celebrity's web site looking at bon voyage gifts and on these boards just talking about any cruises! One of these days my boss will figure out what I'm up to, but until then I'll keep at it!

Terri

Terri,

I can see we think the same way. We should get along great.:D

We have been in cruise mode for a few weeks now Ed. Just think less than three weeks we will be sailing together!! We are serioulsy thinking about booking Constellation again when we get on board for next March doing a 10 nighter. We might even book the cruise that Garry and Bob are doing. My folks are sailing with them March 26 to Hawaii! Funny, what a small world it is.

Counting down till we taste your famous Margarittas!! :D

I would love to cruise with Garry and Bob. They seem like good people.

Hey I am ready for one of my Margaritas.:D

I'm in cruise mode, I think i'm stuck in cruise mode gear. I too am driving everyone at work crazy. My background on my pc at work is Constellation and at home.

WE made it to the teens on the count down and I feel like my screen name should be charliecan'twait, just like Darren has. :D

Archived