Anyone with experience adding someone to your reservation?

Invited two sets of friends along for our next cruise.

One set has kids who are close friends with my youngest daughter,   the other has kids who are close with my oldest.

One of the families backed out,  leaving my oldest daughter without someone her age.

We're staying in a 2-bedroom suite, and have plenty of room so we'd like to bring our niece to hang with my oldest.   

By adding an 11 year old to the room would I have to reprice my whole reservation at current rates? or is there some way to just add her in while protecting the price we paid?

I'd love to hear your experiences...

30 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Invited two sets of friends along for our next cruise.

One set has kids who are close friends with my youngest daughter,   the other has kids who are close with my oldest.

One of the families backed out,  leaving my oldest daughter without someone her age.

We're staying in a 2-bedroom suite, and have plenty of room so we'd like to bring our niece to hang with my oldest.   

By adding an 11 year old to the room would I have to reprice my whole reservation at current rates? or is there some way to just add her in while protecting the price we paid?

I'd love to hear your experiences...

As you are already in a room that holds more than 2 guests you can add another guest only paying the 3rd person fare.  This will not affect the fare for guests 1 or 2.

The only caveat is lifeboat capacity may prevent you from adding a guest although I doubt that in today’s climate that is a concern. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I've only ever tried to go from a solo to a 2 person (was trying to bring along a SO). They made me reprice to the current rate.... I was annoyed! But when doing from 2 people to 1 you don't have to. I'd assume the 3rd person would need to be repriced, but that is a different situation than 1->2.  Can you call and ask?  If they say no reprice, book the girl in quickly! If not, call back and see if all the answers are the same 🙂

9 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

I've only ever tried to go from a solo to a 2 person (was trying to bring along a SO). They made me reprice to the current rate.... I was annoyed! But when doing from 2 people to 1 you don't have to. I'd assume the 3rd person would need to be repriced, but that is a different situation than 1->2.  Can you call and ask?  If they say no reprice, book the girl in quickly! If not, call back and see if all the answers are the same 🙂

Even going from 1 to 2 you do not have to reprice unless you are changing categories.  It is not uncommon for some reps not to know this unfortunately